October 20, 2014, 07:33:54 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs  (Read 67341 times)

marceloshak

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »
...Kind of surprised that they didn't adapt the 7D's system to FF though...
I agree with you, I don´t know how much cost a FF 20 mp sensor but I think Canon maybe can produce a FF 7D for the same price of 6D.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »

Canon-F1

« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2012, 12:16:06 PM »
is it only because of bad canon sample images... or is the D600 so much better?

speaking about sharpness...

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2012, 12:21:08 PM »
Honestly, I am stunned that it only has one cross-type AF point (granted the points that turn non-cross on the 5D3 work a lot better than the old non-cross type) and no assist points which will certainly make tracking certain things trickier than even on the 5D2.

It also seems a waste of time to keep making so many different AF systems and sensors. Why not re-use the 5D3 sensor and then plop in the 7D AF (although one shot center point this new one may well do better). With all the time spent doing that maybe they could focus on better low ISO DR and giving 5D3 a complete set of basic video usage features, etc.

ishdakuteb

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »
is it only because of bad canon sample images... or is the D600 so much better?

speaking about sharpness...

to early to say and keep in mind that sample images from canon are out of camera JPEG while nikon samples images were captured in RAW and post processed in NX Capture...

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »
I think that's very clear what are going to happen.
For EF lens owners 5D3 is much better choice especially people will see a lot of 5D3 deals during holiday season. 
For people have no EF lens, D600 is the one for you.
There is no reason to buy 6D.
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »
It just feels like this camera was more of an attempt to hit a price point without trying to hit features of any other existing Canon camera rather than a model directed at a specific user base.

They avoided competing with the 60D, t4i & 5D3 by lacking live AF from the t4i, no headphone jack like the 5d3 and no tilt screen of the 60D & 4ti, no clean hdmi out, and no dual card slots.

For photography it seems weak as it is lacking a decent AF system (even something like the 7D), no dual card slots, or at least a single pro CF slot if you can only have 1 (such as the 7D), only 3 bracket exposure vs 7 of the 5d3, way slower than the 5d3 or 7D, no flash, no 100% view finder, only 1/4000 max shutter speed, only 1/180 max flash sync, and usb 2.0.

Then it seems that since this resulted in a body to inexpensive, they added gps & wifi which few people need in a DSLR rather than adding back some of the specs they removed to not compete with the other cameras.

It's a camera that seems weak no matter what area of photography you are in:
For sports - too slow and bad focus system, no CF or dual card slots, No 100%VF, no joystick, limited controls
For Wedding/Event - No dual card slot for backup, poor focus system, slow flash sync, No 100%VF, no af joystick
For video - No live AF, no swivel screen, no headphone jack, no clean hdmi, no dual cards for backup or overflow, no silent operation like the 5D3 or D600
For studio/landscape - No 100%VF, No Backup card, only 20MP vs the D600 & D800, limited DR most likely
For Travel/consumer - No popup flash, no card backup, no swivel screen, no live af, no touch screen

What/who is this camera for. This is clearly Canon's attempt to produce a camera without stepping on any other camera's toes.

Instead, the best camera for each item never include the 6D:
For sports - Buy the 1Dx, 7D, or even 5D3 (don't buy a 6D for this ever)
For Wedding/Event - buy the 5D3, 1Dx, then maybe a 7D or 6D (both have some negatives)
For video - Sony A99, 1Dc, 5D3, 1Dx, 60D,  t4i, then maybe a 6D
For studio/landscape - 5D3 or go Nikon because they are the best for this with the D800 & D600
For Travel/consumer - Nikon D600 or 5D3, t4i, then maybe i'd get a 6D

Great Analysis!
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »

Canon must have been on the crossroads as to naming the new body. So what makes a body attain the xD moniker? It used to be FF's only. Then came the 7D. So then it became FF + pro bodies.

With the 6D, they had a cheap FF body with little to no;  Pro features... they could have gone with an xxD name but since they have chosen the XD name, they have now limited themselves as "price" being the differentiator between a xD and non xD Body.

So it seems.
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »

Toronto

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »
Lets all see how well the camera really performs and to see real world raw image samples before we abandon canon. Tho I am very disappointed in the choice of SD cards vs CF already, canon seems to be pushing this camera as an upgrade path for rebel owners as most of us with 7D's and MKII's have alot of CF cards already. I want this to be an upgrade to my MKII but it's looking like it will be aback up body or I hand out the extra cash for a MKIII.

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 17, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »
It just feels like this camera was more of an attempt to hit a price point without trying to hit features of any other existing Canon camera rather than a model directed at a specific user base.

Agree.  I am one of Canon users who has been disappointed by Canon for months.  There are very understandable why Canon is not really doing good job.
1. Big market share.  Using the market share power to provide high margin products to gain more money from its customers.
2. Many royal customers.  Canon has too many royal customers.  No matter how bad the price policy Canon has, its royal customers will pay for it.  You actually can see many posts here are trying to find the excuses for Canon's high price policy.
3. Non-flexible product pricing and bad planing.  I think Canon push 6D out because D600.  Now what kind specs you want from 6D and that will not hurt its current products?  19 cross AF points + 24MP for 2500?  That will have a big impact to 5D3.  Or current specs for 1500?  That will kill 7D and 60D.  Thus, what Canon can do now?
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

Albi86

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
The saddest part is that this camera still has to be proven to be better than the cheaper and 4 y.o. 5D2. The AF might be better, but that's it: less MP, 1/4000s shutter speed, 1/180s flash sync, etc...

I agree that Canon wanted to put on the shelves a camera @2100$, but with little intentions to sell it. Seems like they suggest customers to buy either the 5D2 (to clear their stock) or the 5D3 (so overpriced that they get a lot of money with each unity sold).

Wi-Fi and GPS units are so cheap that nowadays every smartphone has them, so please let's not consider them as the important premium over the 5D2.

dara

« Reply #310 on: September 17, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »
It seems the 6D can be controlled by an Android or Iphone. That's pretty cool! People will make timelapps  : :P :P within the week. Remote LV anyone?

that can be done already, http://www.dslrbot.com/
they made their android apps
http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos_remote.aspx

dswatson83

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 17, 2012, 01:54:47 PM »
This reminds me of what happened when the 60D was announced. 50D owners were hoping for an upgrade and instead Canon put out a more consumerish 60D thus making the logical upgrade to the 50D the vastly more expensive 7D. This seems to be what Canon is doing here where instead of a 5D mark II or FF 7D competitor at a similar price, they have restricted some pro features and added wifi & gps to bring it to more of a rebel upgrade than pro model. Thus 5D mark II owners are forced to upgrade to the vastly more expensive 5D mark III.

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 17, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »
It’s a FF Rebel nothing more nothing less
I’m happy with that. It’s good they included AFAM and quiet mode (surprised they included that) & 4.5fps is better that most were expecting, yes 1/4000 is a disappointment but hey remember - rebel
But none of that matters, I look forward to IQ tests and raw files analysis – when they can be processed correctly (remember the 5D3 debacle when images from that first appeared)
Then there is AF, lets have it tested first before condemning it out of hand, yes it may well be rubbish but please innocent before proven guilty.

5D3 is still plan A and the price is coming down but so far this looks like it may well be a descent plan B, for this rebel owner at least.

I await the meltdown when someone takes a photo with this thing with the lens cap on……..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #312 on: September 17, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »

DianeK

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 17, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
This reminds me of what happened when the 60D was announced. 50D owners were hoping for an upgrade and instead Canon put out a more consumerish 60D thus making the logical upgrade to the 50D the vastly more expensive 7D. This seems to be what Canon is doing here where instead of a 5D mark II or FF 7D competitor at a similar price, they have restricted some pro features and added wifi & gps to bring it to more of a rebel upgrade than pro model. Thus 5D mark II owners are forced to upgrade to the vastly more expensive 5D mark III.

Yes, does seem like deja vu

7enderbender

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
A thought I just had: There seems to be a lot of concern on this post as to who will buy this camera. That this camera won't sell well. And my response to this is.... Who cares? I would be totally fine if this camera only sells 1 unit worldwide (and that would be to me of course...). We should really be less concerned with Canon's sales numbers and more concerned with our own creative output.

I don't care either if they are selling a lot of these or not. I'm more concerned that the 5DII is now going to be discontinued probably and my 2-year old camera will be considered "too ancient to repair" - without having an appropriate replacement in that same price bracket (unless of course the Mark III starts getting into the <$2500 bracket at some point soon).
5DII - 50L - 135L - 200 2.8L - 24-105 - 580EXII - 430EXII - FD 500/8 - AE1-p - bag full of FD lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »