October 23, 2014, 04:59:12 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs  (Read 67598 times)

WoodyWindy

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • On the road again!
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2012, 12:38:30 AM »
There must be at least one typo in the specs that folks are grabbing from - the rear screen resolution simply can't be right. "102,400" is just over 500x200 dots - less resolution than some of the original DSLRs with sub 2 inch screens.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:42:02 AM by WoodyWindy »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2012, 12:38:30 AM »

floex712

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2012, 12:39:44 AM »
Ah damm..
I was sooo looking forward to this camera as a 2nd body…
2 things kinda is a bummer to me.
1) 11AF point…only 11?
2) 97% viewfinder….100% should be a requirement for a FF!

Advantage…D600

No kidding, the only thing this camera is beating the D600 is the 1/8000 sec shutter speed. I can deal with the 4.5 fps, I can deal with the 20MP, I am perfectly fine with no on board flash, I never use it anyway, the built in wireless is wonderful and even the 5D mark III does max sync flash speed at 1/200 sec and I love it uses the same battery as 7D. However 11 AF points, COME ON CANON, WTF???!!! I would  have been fine with an improved 19 AF points from 7D and 97% coverage, 100% should be REQUIRED FOR FF. I said it, I would give this camera till I see some test shots mainly at high ISO, if it lets me down on that, I'm getting a D600, PERIOD!

DarkKnightNine

• EOS M2
  • The best camera is the one that's with you.
    • View Profile
    • Marven Payne Creative Visuals
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »
As an owner of the 5D Mark III and 1DX, this camera with it's shiny new built-in Wifi and GPS just feels like a giant kick it the balls. At the very least Canon should have built-in the wireless radio transmitter for firing the new flashes into the 1D series bodies. That would have proven that they had their customers needs in mind over lining their pockets with huge profit margins. Yes they would have made less profit than selling it as a separate unit but still won out in mind share (which leads to larger profits in the long run). As long as we just keep forking over our hard earned money without complaint, Canon has no reason to ever consider changing. It's time we get pissed off over their ridiculous corporate greed of late and voice it.
Canon 1DX, Canon 5D Mark III, EF 85mm F1.2L II USM, EF 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM, 600EX-RT Speedlites, Profoto Studio Strobes, and a whole lot of boat load of light modifiers.

shannon76

« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
Even though this post is titled "Official Specs" I think there will be a few typos/changes.  Hopefully for the better.  Where did these "Official Specs"come from.  I don't see a rating??

RGomezPhotos

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2012, 12:46:09 AM »
This is a Super Rebel. And you know what? The Rebels are darn fine cameras. AND are great sellers. The t2i - t4i have gotten fantastic reviews. This will be a good upgrade choice for current Rebel owners. This means big money for Canon. Built-in WiFi and GPS?  20MP?  This is a NICE camera.

The 1DX and 5D3 should have come with built-in WiFi for those prices....  There's no excuse... I'm still pissed the 5D3 doesnt have a user-replaceable focus-screen, no dual CF slots and no built-in WiFi. The 5D3 is a PRO camera.

The 6D is an exciting camera. I'm REALLY interested in what their 7D2 will look like. :-)
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

WoodyWindy

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • On the road again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »
There must be at least one typo in the specs that folks are grabbing from - the rear screen resolution simply can't be right. "102,400" is just over 500x200 dots - less resolution than some of the original DSLRs with sub 2 inch screens.

I figured it out - 102400 is one of the expansion ISO numbers. I can pretty much guarantee it is NOT the rear screen dot count. Some proofreader must have goofed on the spec table.

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2012, 12:51:25 AM »
This is a Super Rebel. And you know what? The Rebels are darn fine cameras. AND are great sellers. The t2i - t4i have gotten fantastic reviews. This will be a good upgrade choice for current Rebel owners. This means big money for Canon. Built-in WiFi and GPS?  20MP?  This is a NICE camera.

The 1DX and 5D3 should have come with built-in WiFi for those prices....  There's no excuse... I'm still pissed the 5D3 doesnt have a user-replaceable focus-screen, no dual CF slots and no built-in WiFi. The 5D3 is a PRO camera.

The 6D is an exciting camera. I'm REALLY interested in what their 7D2 will look like. :-)

Really exciting?  Are you buying one... your post implies otherwise.  A nice upgrade for a Rebel owner... sure but how many are going to spend $2k on a body?   Rebels are nice cameras... and they're $500 - $900.

The 6D is a very nice camera... but for these specs who's buying at $2k?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2012, 12:51:25 AM »

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2012, 12:53:47 AM »
Damn... where is the official announcement... is this all just a big hoax?  We've been duped... discussing, debating, arguing for hours while staying up for the big announcement... 

Meh

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2012, 12:56:09 AM »
As an owner of the 5D Mark III and 1DX, this camera with it's shiny new built-in Wifi and GPS just feels like a giant kick it the balls. At the very least Canon should have built-in the wireless radio transmitter for firing the new flashes into the 1D series bodies. That would have proven that they had their customers needs in mind over lining their pockets with huge profit margins. Yes they would have made less profit than selling it as a separate unit but still won out in mind share (which leads to larger profits in the long run). As long as we just keep forking over our hard earned money without complaint, Canon has no reason to ever consider changing. It's time we get pissed off over their ridiculous corporate greed of late and voice it.

Probably but not everyone wants those features and it adds weight and consumes power.  The external flash controller gives you physical controls which is probably a lot easier than flipping around in menus?

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2012, 01:01:38 AM »
I said in an earlier post that is very possible that canon will discontinue the 7D series due to the new 6D FF camera.

With those specs i really believe that we will see a 7D2 in the near future ( 1 or 2 Q 2013).

Disappointing features ...

11 AF points, ONE SD card slot, 97% frame coverage... for a 2k camera  :o :o :o

Nikon D600 is beating this camera in all specs with one exception shutter speed. The trend is reconfirmed ( that Nikon is wiping the floor with Canon in the last year and half).

jfretless

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »
maybe canon puts this in it's lineup so that rebel users surely would want to buy it.

...and everyone else staying with canon, spits on it and stretches their cash/credit to the 5diii.

...and doesn't care about those of us that would jump to nikon for d600.

curse you canon!  curse you!

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2012, 01:06:53 AM »
Even though this post is titled "Official Specs" I think there will be a few typos/changes.  Hopefully for the better.  Where did these "Official Specs"come from.  I don't see a rating??

Given all the hatred I've seen today, that whole list had better be one big typo/hoax to win any love back...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2012, 01:06:53 AM »

Musouka

« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2012, 01:07:18 AM »
On a positive note, the presence of internal WiFi would probably compensate for the lack of an articulating screen. If Canon are smart, they would release a free software for PCs and mobile devices to enable full liveview control via a wireless connection.

RGomezPhotos

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »

Really exciting?  Are you buying one... your post implies otherwise.  A nice upgrade for a Rebel owner... sure but how many are going to spend $2k on a body?   Rebels are nice cameras... and they're $500 - $900.

The 6D is a very nice camera... but for these specs who's buying at $2k?

What other FF can you buy at $2k?  Nikon. That's it.  If it has the same metal body as the 5D2, I'd consider it a darn fine camera. Built-in WiFi is HOT.  I don't like the SD card...  That's a real bummer. I'll wait for dpreview to do their comparisons. :-)
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »