December 21, 2014, 11:54:55 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs  (Read 71126 times)

zrz2005101

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 6D Official Specs
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2012, 04:54:40 AM »
Honestly, all in all, is what I've been saying for months.

D800 has always been a far better camera than the 5D3, which has always been ridiculously overpriced. Nikon could tune down some key features and realize a still very attractive camera at an attractive price point - considering it will only go down in a few months.

The 5D3 was already at the beginning a 5D2.5; it was impossible to tune it down while keeping it attractive. The best thing for Canon would have been to price the 5D3 between the D600 and the D800, basically competing with both of them.

I pity the people who will waste their money on this 6D, it's not worth more than 1200$. No one interested in this sort of camera has a +5000$ lens collection, so switching to Nikon will not be painful.

sadly I am one of these people who can't really jump ships easily... >:( Canon what is wrong with you now !!!
1Ds MK IIIx2/ 7D/ 1D MK III/ 16-35L II/ 24-70L/ 24-105L/ 70-200 2.8 IS L/ 50 1.4/ 100L/ 85 1.8/2x III TC

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2012, 04:54:40 AM »

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2012, 04:55:57 AM »
I've got nothing more to say except Canon doesn't delight us anymore.

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2012, 04:57:02 AM »
I'm also very sorry for myself for buying lenses.  Well, I guess it's not too late to change path.  I think I'm not that deep yet.  I'll let another month pass before I start selling my lenses.

Well, i'm too deep (at least, too deep to bother), so I might buy some off you.

But dammit, they're getting used on my 7D and EOS3 only, until there's something decent and affordable to put them on.

Maybe if i get a better job in a few years I might jump too, if the 5D4 and 6D2 are also price/performance disappointments...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

Albi86

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2012, 04:59:10 AM »
hell im not a moron.. i safe a bit more money and buy the 5D MK3.

That's exactly what Canon wants you to do. GPS heading and wifi control on the 6d are nice, though.

I pity the people who will waste their money on this 6D, it's not worth more than 1200$. No one interested in this sort of camera has a +5000$ lens collection, so switching to Nikon will not be painful.

Few people will be thrilled w/ the 6d _at_this_price_ ... but if you shoot center point only the 6d is actually quite nice, and given the limited af coverage on ff the other 10 won't see much use if you don't shoot sports.

It's the same as the the 5d3: Good camera, but ridiculously overpriced.

Sorry, but no, this time is different.

The 5D3 is all in all a capable camera with a few trump cards, and most of all is a pro camera; for a pro switching system is a lot of hassle, not worth saving few hundred bucks.

For the amateur it's all very different though, and 6D is just not up to today's standards. Not to yesterday's either, in all honesty. And being it so, the price is insulting. Price it 1200-1300$ and it will be a different topic.

weixing

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2012, 05:01:33 AM »
Hi,
   A full frame 60D without flip screen... ha ha ha  :P

One feature interest me: center point cross-type and sensitive to -3 EV.

Since some report that 5D3 able to AF at F8 using 3rd party tele-extender and this 6D is a stop better than 5D3 at center point, so possible to AF at F11? If so, I might be interested to change my 60D to this... I only use the center point, so no problem with only center point is cross type.

Have a nice day.

zrz2005101

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2012, 05:02:28 AM »
hell im not a moron.. i safe a bit more money and buy the 5D MK3.

That's exactly what Canon wants you to do. GPS heading and wifi control on the 6d are nice, though.

Few people will be thrilled w/ the 6d _at_this_price_ ... but if you shoot center point only the 6d is actually quite nice, and given the limited af coverage on ff the other 10 won't see much use if you don't shoot sports.

It's the same as the the 5d3: Good camera, but ridiculously overpriced.

Sorry, but no, this time is different.

The 5D3 is all in all a capable camera with a few trump cards, and most of all is a pro camera; for a pro switching system is a lot of hassle, not worth saving few hundred bucks.

For the amateur it's all very different though, and 6D is just not up to today's standards. Not to yesterday's either, in all honesty. And being it so, the price is insulting. Price it 1200-1300$ and it will be a different topic.

+1, was thinking about 5D3+400 f2.8 setup but now looking at d3s/d4+200-400f4 instead, Canon's own 200-400mm 1.4x is ridiculously priced
1Ds MK IIIx2/ 7D/ 1D MK III/ 16-35L II/ 24-70L/ 24-105L/ 70-200 2.8 IS L/ 50 1.4/ 100L/ 85 1.8/2x III TC

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ... on superhero vacation!
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2012, 05:04:21 AM »
Since some report that 5D3 able to AF at F8 using 3rd party tele-extender and this 6D is a stop better than 5D3 at center point, so possible to AF at F11?

Very doubtful. And from my experience w/ my 60d @f8, the best performance is with multiple af points - like the 5d3 with af point expansion.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2012, 05:04:21 AM »

onkel_wart

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2012, 05:05:07 AM »
If I understood this correctly the AF module is a new one that works under extreme low light conditions (better than the AF modules in the other EOS cameras) -- that sounds like good news to me.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2012, 05:05:21 AM »
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/digital_slr_cameras/eos_6d#Features

High Performance Composing and Focus
The EOS 6D has an entirely new 11-point AF system for fast, accurate AF no matter the situation. With its new centered cross-type AF point with EV -3 sensitivity for improved performance and focus in low light, and a newly developed and bright 21mm eye point viewfinder with 97% coverage, the EOS 6D offers impressive performance in both composition and AF, even in the dimmest lighting situations. Offering not only One-Shot AF, AI Servo AF, and AI Focus AF, the EOS 6D’s AI Servo focus can be customized with tracking, acceleration and deceleration tracking sensitivities, and 1st or 2nd image priority adjustments. For even more customization, adjustment levels for the wide-angle and telephoto ends of particular lenses can be entered and recorded into the camera’s memory.

Only the center is cross typed.  Minimum aperture @F5.6.  No focusing @ F8. :D  Clearly this is not for sports or birders.

iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layering metering sensor
The EOS 6D features Canon’s multi-layer 63-zone iFCL (intelligent Focus Color Luminance) Metering System that integrates the camera’s AF system into its readings. By taking into account the color and luminosity surrounding the chosen AF point(s), this system delivers accurate results, especially in situations where the light changes quickly. The metering sensor enables evaluative, center weighted, partial and spot metering, plus offers 5-step exposure compensation for perfectly exposed images, every time.

High speed continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps allows you to capture fast action.
With continuous shooting speed up to 4.5 frames per second, the EOS 6D keeps up with the action. It is designed to capture the shots photographers want when shooting rapidly unfolding scenes.

EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates
The EOS 6D captures HD video with a level of sophistication on par with professional movie cameras, offering phenomenal performance on a DSLR. It offers both All-I (UHS-I memory card is required) and IPB compression, supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile, and automatically splits files greater than 4GB (FAT specifications) for extended recording without interruption. It offers the option of timecoding during recording only (Rec Run) or at all times (Free Run), useful for multi-camera shoots. It also features improved sound recording adjustment capabilities, offering 64-step volume control accessible through the Quick Control screen, as well as a 3.5mm microphone terminal. The CMOS sensor’s drive system significantly increases image processor performance, reducing color artifacts and moiré (a common problem that occurs in scenes with horizontal lines), and ensures that the EOS 6D can record at a number of frame rates up to ISO 25600 in H mode.

zrz2005101

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2012, 05:05:36 AM »
Hi,

Since some report that 5D3 able to AF at F8 using 3rd party tele-extender and this 6D is a stop better than 5D3 at center point, so possible to AF at F11? If so, I might be interested to change my 60D to this... I only use the center point, so no problem with only center point is cross type.

Have a nice day.

I never saw guys with 5D3 focusing at f8, if there is, probably a minority, correct me if I'm wrong though. And what makes you think that sensitive to -3EV means that the 6D will focus at f11? It's more of the AF module like the 1DsIII 1DIV can focus at f8, but 1Dx(it can with 856+kenko according to Author) and 5D3 cannot

zrz2005101

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2012, 05:08:30 AM »
and -3EV focus sensitivity really now Canon? And you gave us -2EV for 1Dx and 5D3, so we get a disadvantage in the most sophisticated AF module Canon has ever made in pro cameras that cost a fortune. dot dot dot

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2012, 05:09:11 AM »
Hi,

Have a nice day.

I never saw guys with 5D3 focusing at f8, if there is, probably a minority, correct me if I'm wrong though. And what makes you think that sensitive to -3EV means that the 6D will focus at f11? It's more of the AF module like the 1DsIII 1DIV can focus at f8, but 1Dx(it can with 856+kenko according to Author) and 5D3 cannot

There's no focusing @F8 for 6D but AFMA is there.

High Performance Composing and Focus
The EOS 6D has an entirely new 11-point AF system for fast, accurate AF no matter the situation. With its new centered cross-type AF point with EV -3 sensitivity for improved performance and focus in low light, and a newly developed and bright 21mm eye point viewfinder with 97% coverage, the EOS 6D offers impressive performance in both composition and AF, even in the dimmest lighting situations. Offering not only One-Shot AF, AI Servo AF, and AI Focus AF, the EOS 6D’s AI Servo focus can be customized with tracking, acceleration and deceleration tracking sensitivities, and 1st or 2nd image priority adjustments. For even more customization, adjustment levels for the wide-angle and telephoto ends of particular lenses can be entered and recorded into the camera’s memory

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ... on superhero vacation!
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2012, 05:09:49 AM »
Only the center is cross typed.  Minimum aperture @F5.6.  No focusing @ F8. :D  Clearly this is not for sports or birders.

They're always writing that except on the old 1d-series - but it works just fine with Kenko extenders.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2012, 05:09:49 AM »

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2012, 05:10:16 AM »
and -3EV focus sensitivity really now Canon? And you gave us -2EV for 1Dx and 5D3, so we get a disadvantage in the most sophisticated AF module Canon has ever made in pro cameras that cost a fortune. dot dot dot

Don't worry.  It's just in the center. :)

weixing

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2012, 05:10:21 AM »
Hi,

Have a nice day.

Some tested and work:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=3022

So I still had some hope... Anyway, I'll and see... if can and reliable, than I might switch.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:13:17 AM by weixing »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2012, 05:10:21 AM »