April 20, 2014, 10:52:43 PM

Author Topic: EOS 6D sample images and video here  (Read 6754 times)

plam_1980

Re: EOS 6D sample images and video here
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »
How does it compare to these

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d600/sample.htm

Stop comparing a photographic camera (Nikon) with a video DSLR (6D). There's no comparison.

How does it compare to these

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d600/sample.htm

from my point of view .... Nikon wins..... the last stronghold that canon my have in the ''war'' with D600 is destroyed.

As a 7D user that wants to upgrade to FF i am left with 2 choices: 5D3 or Nikon. more appealing at this moment is Nikon.

Nikon wins??? Look at the Canon 6D video shot in a dimly lit cave @ ISO = 12800. Canon has won the video DSLR battle again....just as they did 4 years ago with the 5D mark II

Why would they release yet another video DSLR, they have a special line with several cameras this year. This was meant to be an entry-level photographer's DSLR! Even if it is video DSLR, D600 has clean HDMI output and headphones jack, how can you claim Canon wins?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »

Gothmoth

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 10:05:07 AM »
http://chsvimg.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d600/img/sample01/img_02_l.jpg

i would love the 6D samples had this kind of sharpness.

but i guess it does not matter als long as you can upload 500pixel images via wifi.....

ps: personaly i say - F U K video.. but that is only my opinion.

nicku

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »

i would love the 6D samples had this kind of sharpness.

but i guess it does not matter als long as you can upload 500pixel images via wifi.....

ps: personaly i say - F U K video.. but that is only my opinion.

:) ... and mine to.... ::)

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »
Well, I can say that Image 5 (Portrait at ISO 200) is a definite win. I rate it at 10/10.  ;)

if you rate that portrait at 10/10 how you rate this one (made with Nikon D600):

12 out of ten????

from the first samples available ( Canon 6D and Nikon D600 ) Nikon CLEARLY wins.

I am a Canon fun and use Canon gear from many years... but i must admit... in this  days Nikon is better.

Wow, the portrait shot from D600 is way sharper than 6D's.

Noink Fanb0i

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
Well, I can say that Image 5 (Portrait at ISO 200) is a definite win. I rate it at 10/10.  ;)

if you rate that portrait at 10/10 how you rate this one (made with Nikon D600):

12 out of ten????

from the first samples available ( Canon 6D and Nikon D600 ) Nikon CLEARLY wins.

I am a Canon fun and use Canon gear from many years... but i must admit... in this  days Nikon is better.

Heck, no! I was rating the subjects, not the pictures :P. The Canon gal is definitely prettier , that's why I rated her a 10. The Nikon girl is kinda pedestrian-looking, maybe just a 7. :P
T3 is the bobn2 of Canon fanb0is.

steliosk

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 02:32:30 PM »
all these samples are JPEG

JPEG is filtered with masking and noise reduction. You just can't compare which camera delivers the best out of the detail..

seen the samples of 1D X? these sucks as well!

wait for some proper RAW files and then compare detail and ISOs.

Dianoda

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »

JPEG is filtered with masking and noise reduction. You just can't compare which camera delivers the best out of the detail..

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  All the 6D jpegs really tell us is how crappy the pre-production 6D's jpeg engine is...
Current Kit: Some cameras and a bunch of lenses, maybe even a tripod or two

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »

tomscott

• 7D
  • Graphic Designer & Photographer
    • View Profile
    • Tom Scott | Photography
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 03:06:34 PM »
That D600 portrait is sharp!!! WOW! Looks like the 6D has locked onto the tip of the nose instead of the eye, although that area is sharp the Canon images have been resized? Whereas the Nikon ones are all full res?

The 6D video is stunning. I think it will be a great camera just not for the pros.
Canon 5D MKIII, 16-35mm F2.8 II L, 24-70mm F2.8 L, 24-105mm F4 IS L, 100mm F2.8 IS L, 70-200mm F2.8 L, 50mm F1.8, 2x Ex, 580EX
Backup:40D, 17-55mm F2.8 IS
www.tomscottphotography.co.uk

docsmith

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »
I don't think we can compare sharpness between the two bodies until someone is using the same (or extremely similar) lenses, at the same settings and processing the photos the same way.  So much more goes into "sharpness" than just the camera body.

Honestly, both the 6D and D600 seem to be able to take excellent pictures.  I am not surprised.

nicku

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 03:31:45 PM »

Very possible... bu why post on the official website crappy images with your new camera model?????

Albi86

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 05:26:16 AM »

Some pictures say "This JPEG image is processed by in-camera RAW processing from a RAW image with a EOS 6D." .... The portrait doesn't say so.

I honestly wonder how you could advertise your new camera with crappy images. As I said in another topics, Canon thinks their users who can't afford the 5D3 will buy the 6D, just because it's the only one they can afford. They don't feel like they have to convince them, it's more that their blind-with-brand-loyalty user base will have no choice.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 05:26:16 AM »