August 21, 2014, 07:00:25 PM

Author Topic: Canon Announces the Canon EOS 6D DSLR  (Read 37401 times)

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Announced the Canon EOS 6D DSLR
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 08:13:17 AM »
Oh thank goodness we got some Nikon posts on the first page.  I guess that guy from SoHo was sleeping, but you guys got our back!

I'm gonna go sell all my gear and switch to Nikon now.

So has anyone CONFIRMED that there is no MFA or are we just playing chicken little?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:16:58 AM by dstppy »
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 08:13:17 AM »

Phenix205

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Announces the Canon EOS 6D DSLR
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 08:14:16 AM »
Canon's priority is how not to let Canon A hurt the sale of Canon B or vice versa, so they ended up crippling both products. Nikon's priority is how to beat Canon hands down and that's where innovation comes in. We've seen RIM going down, and we've seen how Miscrosoft hasn't wowed the world for a long time. Arrogance plus lack of innovation. Really disappointed!
5D3 | M | 1v
70-200 II | 24-70 II | 16-35 IS | 100 L | 85L II | 40 | 600EX-RT

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »
I don't know, I kinda like it. Pure and simple ;)
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

pdirestajr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
A deal breaker for me is the lack of a proper thumb joystick in the upper back area- I like to change the focus point directly without taking my eye away from the viewfinder. The back looks like a 60D without the flippy screen!
7D | 5DII | EOS-3 | Nikon F3 | Mamiya 645 Pro-TL

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2012, 08:18:09 AM »
Does Canon know how badly it has delivered with the 6D?

Will we have to wait 3 to 4 years for it to be replaced with something that might be worthwhile?

Or will Canon wake up and deliver a replacement in 12 to 18 months?

The EOS 6D will outsell the 7D...period. It will become one of Canon's biggest selling digital  interchangeable lens cameras of all time

That remains to be seen.

DB

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2012, 08:20:58 AM »
I can't believe they had the gall to charge more than the Nikon D600. Canon's pricing is downright insulting lately.

Canon's pricing policy is pure MARKETING GENIUS....

........any xxD or xxxD owner will aspire to owning a 6D.... the higher initial entry price for the 6D will ensure (listen to the voices on CR over the last 12 hours as proof) that those serious amateur enthusiasts (incl. 7D owners) will now pony up the extra for a 5D3.....

.... meanwhile lots of budding videographers (look at the Canon 6D  Press Release - it mentions 3 categories of user: PHOTOGRAPHERS, VIDEOGRAPHERS & CINEMATOGRAPHERS - 2 out of 3 are video users) will happily pay 2 grand for a FF DSLR video cam with low-light capability as well as compatibility with the new STM lenses

.... read the threads on this forum re. 6D, commentators have polarized into 2 distinct groups:

(1) those who have their credit cards out and cannot wait till October to get their hands on a 6D

&

(2) those who think its awful and the disappointment is enough to finally trigger their 5D3 purchase

As a 7D owner I wouldn't buy a 6D, but I'm glad that Canon has just protected the residual value of my 7D with their inane pricing strategy

matukas

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:05 AM »
I saw one pro taking pictures in Bristol Night Race with this:
http://www.dpreview.com/search/?query=1d%20ma&product=canon_eos1dmkiin
Looked his pictures afterwards, no complaints.
Why complain about this camera you have not seen picture samples from real life?
Take pictures with what you already have and gain more experience taking great pictures.
If camera is too expensive for you, buy one you can afford with good lens(es) and start taking pictures.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:05 AM »

SwampYankee

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:22 AM »
Well the low rent autofocus system and a top shutter speed less than my current 50D have put my wallet right back in my pocket.  I have $2,600 burning a hole in my pocket and I don't think this camera is worth what they are asking.  It really looks like they took out as much stuff as possible and hope the "full frame" would sell it.  Disappointment.  In another 6 months I'll be able to afford a 5D3.  I think that is the way to go
5DIII | 70-200 IS F4L | 24-105L |50 1.8 I |1002.8L | Tokina 16-28 2.8 |600EX

DB

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 08:35:35 AM »
6D body compared to 7D (physically) @ Photokina today

Canon 6D hands on (vs 7D) Small | Large

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
I can't believe they had the gall to charge more than the Nikon D600. Canon's pricing is downright insulting lately.

Canon's pricing policy is pure MARKETING GENIUS....

........any xxD or xxxD owner will aspire to owning a 6D.... the higher initial entry price for the 6D will ensure (listen to the voices on CR over the last 12 hours as proof) that those serious amateur enthusiasts (incl. 7D owners) will now pony up the extra for a 5D3.....

.... meanwhile lots of budding videographers (look at the Canon 6D  Press Release - it mentions 3 categories of user: PHOTOGRAPHERS, VIDEOGRAPHERS & CINEMATOGRAPHERS - 2 out of 3 are video users) will happily pay 2 grand for a FF DSLR video cam with low-light capability as well as compatibility with the new STM lenses

.... read the threads on this forum re. 6D, commentators have polarized into 2 distinct groups:

(1) those who have their credit cards out and cannot wait till October to get their hands on a 6D

It isn't arriving in October, it is arriving in December.

What that means is that web sites like dpreview will not be able to do a full production model review before Christmas, thus they prevent any negative press from reviews impacting Christmas buying..

heron88

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 08:46:07 AM »
Lame. No innovations on either still or motion fronts. If canon continues at this rate they will lose huge market share. I never understand why the little guys are the ones left to do the innovating when the big guys are the ones with enough capital for some serious R&D work. Maybe they are happy selling millions of crappy point and shoots to teenage girls.

iso79

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
Either way it's going to sell like hotcakes.
5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 135mm f/2L

RuneL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »
Lame. No innovations on either still or motion fronts. If canon continues at this rate they will lose huge market share. I never understand why the little guys are the ones left to do the innovating when the big guys are the ones with enough capital for some serious R&D work. Maybe they are happy selling millions of crappy point and shoots to teenage girls.

What sort of innovations were you hoping for? Canon did change everything with the 5D and 5D II, give them a break. Or switch to something else, you are free to do so. It's a company, not make a wish foundation, they here to make money, not cater to all sorts of weird ass needs on less than a mid-range product. I'll probably get one, I think. I'd like a full frame camera, but not enough to get the 5D III.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »
Okay, so nonstop complaining aside, here's a thought:
Wouldn't it have made sense to release an "L" version of an STM lens with this?
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

Nishi Drew

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »

What sort of innovations were you hoping for? Canon did change everything with the 5D and 5D II, give them a break. Or switch to something else, you are free to do so. It's a company, not make a wish foundation, they here to make money, not cater to all sorts of weird ass needs on less than a mid-range product. I'll probably get one, I think. I'd like a full frame camera, but not enough to get the 5D III.

Give them a break?? Giving them a break is saying "alright, you deserve a break, don't come to work tomorrow, and actually don't come back at all, we don't need someone who isn't innovative or can't provide people with their needs".

Yes, Canon did a lot with the DSLR world through the 5D and Mk2, so naturally there's the eager anticipation for something huge. Now, an "entry-leve FF" by Nikon provides high IQ uncompressed video and great features all around, and the overall is fantastic compared to the 6D, and that's with Nikon users complaining about what the D600 is lacking in...
Why are you defending a major corporation? Sure they're here to make money and they can do what they want, but that doesn't mean users can't express their dissatisfaction.

And weird needs?? In the digital world your "I want FF" is a weird need so what are you talking about?
Personally, I think GPS and Wifi are weird and unnecessary, I see the benefit users can have with them in workflow and connectivity, but think they're bells on an underperforming and overpriced device.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »