July 25, 2014, 07:25:08 PM

Author Topic: Canon Announces the Canon EOS 6D DSLR  (Read 36766 times)

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Announces the Canon EOS 6D DSLR
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
Either way it's going to sell like hotcakes.

To whom, exactly?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »

RuneL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2012, 09:34:13 AM »
Lame. No innovations on either still or motion fronts. If canon continues at this rate they will lose huge market share. I never understand why the little guys are the ones left to do the innovating when the big guys are the ones with enough capital for some serious R&D work. Maybe they are happy selling millions of crappy point and shoots to teenage girls.

What sort of innovations were you hoping for? Canon did change everything with the 5D and 5D II, give them a break. Or switch to something else, you are free to do so. It's a company, not make a wish foundation, they here to make money, not cater to all sorts of weird ass needs on less than a mid-range product. I'll probably get one, I think. I'd like a full frame camera, but not enough to get the 5D III.

Give them a break?? Giving them a break is saying "alright, you deserve a break, don't come to work tomorrow, and actually don't come back at all, we don't need someone who isn't innovative or can't provide people with their needs".

Yes, Canon did a lot with the DSLR world through the 5D and Mk2, so naturally there's the eager anticipation for something huge. Now, an "entry-leve FF" by Nikon provides high IQ uncompressed video and great features all around, and the overall is fantastic compared to the 6D, and that's with Nikon users complaining about what the D600 is lacking in...
Why are you defending a major corporation? Sure they're here to make money and they can do what they want, but that doesn't mean users can't express their dissatisfaction.

And weird needs?? In the digital world your "I want FF" is a weird need so what are you talking about?
Personally, I think GPS and Wifi are weird and unnecessary, I see the benefit users can have with them in workflow and connectivity, but think they're bells on an underperforming and overpriced device.

You seem angry.
A lot of people do want wifi and gps, a lot of people have been complaining about the lack of it. Personally I don't need it. And your needs. What the hell, there's competition, choose them instead. My point is, airing your dissatisfaction and being really upset about a product that doesn't give you what you want because you won't spend the money on the 5D III or 1Dx, I don't understand it doesn't actually change anything. And exactly, fire Canon, find a new employee. Crying about it doesn't help anyone.

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
It looks exactly like a 60D..the button arrangement is identical!
It's more like a FF 60D than a 5Dmk2 replacement.

I can't imagine them releasing a 70D in the future now…if the 60D has 9 cross type, i can't imaging them releasing a 70D with 11 cross type?

However, if the price drops, i will still get the 6D as my 5D3 backup since my backup is the 60D…so it makes a good backup and upgrde to the 60D and with identical button arrangement, i'll be used to it..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:37:50 AM by spinworkxroy »

Etienne

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Photography by Steve Brule
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2012, 09:40:22 AM »
The market place is way too competitive for Canon to be holding back so much.

In this round of new equipment, I will most likely buy the Panasonic GH3 and a couple of v.small lenses for a small and convenient video/photo kit. Waiting to see full reviews first though.

extremeinstability

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Instability.com
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2012, 09:43:58 AM »
December....sigh.  I'm with the other person that now has money burning a hole in their pocket, to go full frame.  I was going to be content with a 5D II.  This camera kinda sounds great to me, in that the price is similar to 5D II now, but has the better sensor closer to the 5D III.  It now has me not wanting to buy a 5D II oddly enough and impatience is certainly not able to wait till December.  Don't really have enough gear to be completely tied to Canon.  Should just go Nikon D600 and pray the line isn't going to make it arriving happen in December anyway.  Kinda hating new options right now lol.  Should just suck it the hell up and buy a 5D II like was the plan before.  Least I can still get the 24mm F1.4 that way and have fun with that.  Or get the D600 and Nikon's 24mm F1.4.  But hell then I have to take a grand hit selling and replacing my 100-400L....so may as well have used that towards the 5D III instead and still have the better 24mm F1.4 then and keep the 100-400L.  5D III at $2750 just becomes kinda perfect.  Get it up and around or over $3000....then the damn Nikon D800 desires jump into play and one is all back at square one at a higher price point.  A horrible time for an impatient person ready to go full frame.   

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »
It looks exactly like a 60D..the button arrangement is identical!
It's more like a FF 60D than a 5Dmk2 replacement.

Since I've got a 60d and am quite happy with it I'd buy the ff version this instant - but not for $2099 *and* a crippled af system @f2.8+, it's either $1099 or at least a full center (double)cross-sensor for me.

The wording might be an unlucky one. It might as well mean that the center point is a higher precision cross-type, and that there are more cross-types among the other 10 points.
I really don't think it is just unlucky wording. Several sources have already confirmed that it has only 1 cross type point, and many Canon related web forums are in flames a.t.m.

No, you're wrong: The 6d has *no* cross type point at all if you use a f2.8+ lens (if I understand the specs and diagrams correctly). Obviously that's how they managed to get that low-light sensitivity - but making it less precise!

Basically it's the anti-5d3 af for low-light landscape shooters with lenses of f4+ ... I find this ridiculous beyond belief, even I wouldn't have expected this downgrade in comparison to the 5d2 from Canon. It's the price for quiet shutter, ff sensor, gps and wifi to protect the 5d3.

Etienne

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Photography by Steve Brule
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 09:48:24 AM »
December....sigh.  I'm with the other person that now has money burning a hole in their pocket, to go full frame.  I was going to be content with a 5D II.  This camera kinda sounds great to me, in that the price is similar to 5D II now, but has the better sensor closer to the 5D III.  It now has me not wanting to buy a 5D II oddly enough and impatience is certainly not able to wait till December.  Don't really have enough gear to be completely tied to Canon.  Should just go Nikon D600 and pray the line isn't going to make it arriving happen in December anyway.  Kinda hating new options right now lol.  Should just suck it the hell up and buy a 5D II like was the plan before.  Least I can still get the 24mm F1.4 that way and have fun with that.  Or get the D600 and Nikon's 24mm F1.4.  But hell then I have to take a grand hit selling and replacing my 100-400L....so may as well have used that towards the 5D III instead and still have the better 24mm F1.4 then and keep the 100-400L.  5D III at $2750 just becomes kinda perfect.  Get it up and around or over $3000....then the damn Nikon D800 desires jump into play and one is all back at square one at a higher price point.  A horrible time for an impatient person ready to go full frame.   

Buy a used 5DII and wait for reviews on the new gear, take your time

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 09:48:24 AM »

cinema-dslr

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2012, 09:50:55 AM »
how about uncompressed hdmi out? without overlays??? Nothing is mentioned about it!
Canon eos C100+ninja2 ninjablade, 7D, 40d, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2,8L, 100 f2,8L is macro , ef-s 10-22, sigma 28f1,8 macro, samyang 8 f3,5 fisheye, tamron 70-200 f2,8 macro, sigma 18-35 f1,8 Art

friedmud

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
If you want a nice camera, pay for it.

If you can't afford it, don't bitch about how Canon sold you short or how they should do something like a D600.

Another $1000 and you have a 5D3, get a job, earn some more, save some money and buy what you want rather than hope a manufacturer will give you something for nothing.

Wow, what a condescending post!  You sir, are an asshole.  I have had nothing but great experiences on this board until this whole 6D thing... and for some reason it's brought out the assholes.

I have a job... a really great one where I make plenty of money (and work hard for it).  Photography for me (and a lot of people including the main people the 6D and D600 are aimed at) is a HOBBY.  As such there are other places in our lives where we put money other than camera gear... and an enthusiast is always smart to shop for the best deal they can get with their dollars.  That's what allows them to continue their hobby while keeping a balance with the rest of their lives.

Could I buy a MKIII? Absolutely!  Do I need a MKIII?  No.  If I am spending $2000 (which is a decent sum for a hobby) do I want the best camera I can get?  Yes!  Is that best camera a D600?  That is looking likely.

This is nothing personal.  I'm not advocating that everyone jumps to Nikon or anything like that.  But Canon does need to understand that the hobbyist is willing to leave for a better ship.  I don't take change like this lightly, but when the facts are staring you in the face and you have to decide where to put your money... You cannot deny that the D600 offers MUCH more for the same price.

I'm not going anywhere just yet.  I'm going to wait for the real reviews and make an informed decision... but right now it's not looking good.

Please get off your high horse and try to understand why the rest of us are dissappointed n this announcement...

brianleighty

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • Leighty Photography
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »
A deal breaker for me is the lack of a proper thumb joystick in the upper back area- I like to change the focus point directly without taking my eye away from the viewfinder. The back looks like a 60D without the flippy screen!
Wow I didn't notice that until just now. Bummer. Hmm that does kind of stink.
Canon 5D Mark II, 50D, XSi, 24-105L IS, Sigma 35 1.4, Canon 40 2.8, Canon 35 2.0, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 17-50, Canon 50 1.8, 580 EXII, 430 EXII

plam_1980

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
If you want a nice camera, pay for it.

If you can't afford it, don't bitch about how Canon sold you short or how they should do something like a D600.

Another $1000 and you have a 5D3, get a job, earn some more, save some money and buy what you want rather than hope a manufacturer will give you something for nothing.

Wow, what a condescending post!  You sir, are an asshole.  I have had nothing but great experiences on this board until this whole 6D thing... and for some reason it's brought out the assholes.

I have a job... a really great one where I make plenty of money (and work hard for it).  Photography for me (and a lot of people including the main people the 6D and D600 are aimed at) is a HOBBY.  As such there are other places in our lives where we put money other than camera gear... and an enthusiast is always smart to shop for the best deal they can get with their dollars.  That's what allows them to continue their hobby while keeping a balance with the rest of their lives.

Could I buy a MKIII? Absolutely!  Do I need a MKIII?  No.  If I am spending $2000 (which is a decent sum for a hobby) do I want the best camera I can get?  Yes!  Is that best camera a D600?  That is looking likely.

This is nothing personal.  I'm not advocating that everyone jumps to Nikon or anything like that.  But Canon does need to understand that the hobbyist is willing to leave for a better ship.  I don't take change like this lightly, but when the facts are staring you in the face and you have to decide where to put your money... You cannot deny that the D600 offers MUCH more for the same price.

I'm not going anywhere just yet.  I'm going to wait for the real reviews and make an informed decision... but right now it's not looking good.

Please get off your high horse and try to understand why the rest of us are dissappointed n this announcement...

+1, well said

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2012, 09:59:47 AM »
Photography for me (and a lot of people including the main people the 6D and D600 are aimed at) is a HOBBY.

... and many hobbyists that aren't ready to jump ship to Nikon will be content with the 6d as a "high iq tourist landscape" body for lenses with f4+ and an af systems that trades in precision for low light sensitivity.

I'm sure Canon has done some market research, and while it is quite arrogant to set this against the d600 I'm sure a lot of people will still buy it for wifi & gps "out of the box" alone.

amarelux

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:53 AM »
I’m overwhelmed and chomping at the bit to buy the 6D. Sarcasm intended.

Yuichi Ishizuka from Canon U.S.A claims “The introduction of this camera completes a well-rounded ecosystem from input through output for Canon, allowing us to provide the right combination of features for every level of photographer” I can draw only one conclusion from his remark – he and his colleagues at Canon product development have been living in caves the past few years.
5D Mark lll, 24-70L, 70-200L, TC 2X lll, 580EX

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:53 AM »

Cannon Man

Re: Canon Announced the Canon EOS 6D DSLR
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
11 AF points and only ONE of them is cross-type??

Meanwhile the D600 gets 39 points and 9 cross-types!

Even the "lowly" rebel T3i / 650D has 9 cross types!

What are you doing Canon?? Trying to breathe new life into the old focus & recompose technique?

The wording might be an unlucky one. It might as well mean that the center point is a higher precision cross-type, and that there are more cross-types among the other 10 points.

The d600 does have 39af points but they seem to be just as wide spread as the 11 af points on 6D. Therefore the same old composing tecniques on both the cameras.

theyapici

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »
ehat about the touch screen? and 100.000 ?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »