Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

Video Autofocus on Canon 6D?

(1/3) > >>

raffael3d:
I keep trying to find out if the new 6D has video autofocus?
if not, any new canon camera that finally has it? if not I am seriously shocked how much they lag behind in this.

Axilrod:
No and no.  The cinema industry has been using manual focus since it's inception and continues to, it's a feature that I wouldn't use even if I had it available.  I just can't trust a computer to decide where you want to focus and at what point.

asmundma:
??  Trust ... ?  The C100 will have it in a firmware upgrade.... 6D , probably not.

MK5GTI:
The T4i has some kind of continuous video AF, but its half decent. don't even come close to m4/3, NEX, Nikon 1, etc when it comes to video AF.

but the T4i is more for soccer mom, the 6D is not..... but i don't mind shooting my toddler sport activities with a FF A99 that do continuous video AF  ;)

Mt Spokane Photography:

--- Quote from: MK5GTI on September 24, 2012, 10:41:57 AM ---The T4i has some kind of continuous video AF, but its half decent. don't even come close to m4/3, NEX, Nikon 1, etc when it comes to video AF.

but the T4i is more for soccer mom, the 6D is not..... but i don't mind shooting my toddler sport activities with a FF A99 that do continuous video AF  ;)

--- End quote ---
Can you post some of your videos with that A99?  Not too many people have them yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version