Gear Talk > PowerShot

Down to the RX100 or G15...

<< < (4/5) > >>

Mt Spokane Photography:
Adorama shipped my G1X today, it was delayed by a couple of days due to the storm.  I bought it on the one day combo special which came with a 9500 MK II printer and Adobe software.  After the rebate, the entire price for the lot was $399.
After I sell the printer and software, it will net about $150 or less.
Then, when I sell my G11, I will have upgraded and netted about $150 - 200 to the good.
Being paid $150 to upgrade my 3 yo G11 to a new G1X was too good a deal to pass on.

DCM1024:
I purchased an S100, tried it out then returned it and purchased the RX100. Below are a couple sample photos shot with the RX100. Note that the first image exhibits bokeh even at F/4.9. I haven't tried the G15, so can't comment on a comparison. I did specifically want a very small camera with a fixed lens. The lack of a grip doesn't bother me as I keep my RX100 in a half-case with shoulder strap. Best of luck with whatever you choose!

verysimplejason:

--- Quote from: DCM1024 on November 01, 2012, 01:55:39 PM ---I purchased an S100, tried it out then returned it and purchased the RX100. Below are a couple sample photos shot with the RX100. Note that the first image exhibits bokeh even at F/4.9. I haven't tried the G15, so can't comment on a comparison. I did specifically want a very small camera with a fixed lens. The lack of a grip doesn't bother me as I keep my RX100 in a half-case with shoulder strap. Best of luck with whatever you choose!

--- End quote ---

Just a little comment from me, bokeh will always be exhibited depending on DOF which means it entirely depends on how far your background is from your foreground.  Even my G11 with 1/1.7 sensor exhibits bokeh even at F5.  That said, those are good samples.  I agree, RX100 is very pocketable.  Even a good wrist strap is enough.  I just don't like how the buttons and interface are implemented or I'm just too familiar with Canon.   ;)

alan_k:
Just curious, is the Fuji X10 already "old news"?  I thought that had a lot going for it.

verysimplejason:

--- Quote from: alan_k on January 03, 2013, 06:13:29 PM ---Just curious, is the Fuji X10 already "old news"?  I thought that had a lot going for it.

--- End quote ---

not an old news... it's just an expensive news.  especially if you have a small camera already.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version