September 22, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

Author Topic: Canon Suspends Operations at 3 Plants in China  (Read 6319 times)

SwampYankee

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Suspends Operations at 3 Plants in China
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 04:39:12 PM »
See!  Nobody likes the 6D
5DIII | 70-200 IS F4L | 24-105L |50 1.8 I |1002.8L | Tokina 16-28 2.8 |600EX

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 04:39:12 PM »

lola

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »
Something tells me the 6D won't be available in December....
20D, 40D, 5D, 5D Mark II, 1DX, D800 EF 17-40mm. f/4.0 L USM, EF 70-200mm. f/2.8 L USM, EF 24-105mm. f/4 L IS USM, EF 100mm. f/2.8 L IS USM Macro, AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm. f/2.8 G ED VR II, AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
History says otherwise, and is one of the main reasons for what is happening in China now.
That is ****ing stupid.

So should we europeans still be furious at Germany for all the crimes their nazi regime did against us during WW2? Should we take to the streets and smash Mercedes and BMWs?

I hope Japan pulls out all their companies from China and relocate them to friendlier countries. Japan don't need China, but China needs and wants japanese factories and products.

Worst part is that these demonstrations and riots are silently supported by the chinese government.
You have no idea what you are talking about

capital1956

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 08:49:28 PM »
Would you still consider Germany a trust worthy ally if their prime ministers, one after another, visit the underground bunker of Hitler to pay their respect????

That is exactly many recent Japanese prime ministers did. They visited their National Shrine where at least 14 Class A war criminals of Second World War had their Tablets displayed as Japanese National Heroes.

Yes, these current day Japanese ain’t the ones that slaughtered Thirty Million Chinese civilians during the Second World War, but they as a nation is not taking the war crimes they committed around the world including to many US citizens seriously.

As far as they want to believe, is that they were beaten in the Second World War. They as a nation is not willing to face the countless atrocities they committed during the wars. Actually they are gradually removing these already scarce contents there are willing to admit from their text books.

The level of denial is like if Germany says Auschwitz never existed.

Due to the current close relationship between US and Japan, these outrageous behaviors of the Japanese politicians were largely and conveniently “ignored” in US news.

But to the nations around Japan, including China and South Korea, etc, these blood debt will Never be forgotten until either Japan as a nation Sincerely repent for the crimes they committed during world war II and vow to never do that again, or we will have to sleep with one eye open as they may pull another pearl harbor in the future.

History says otherwise, and is one of the main reasons for what is happening in China now.
That is ****ing stupid.

So should we europeans still be furious at Germany for all the crimes their nazi regime did against us during WW2? Should we take to the streets and smash Mercedes and BMWs?

I hope Japan pulls out all their companies from China and relocate them to friendlier countries. Japan don't need China, but China needs and wants japanese factories and products.

Worst part is that these demonstrations and riots are silently supported by the chinese government.

ronderick

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 02:55:54 AM »
All canon DSLR's are made in Japan..... but certainly some parts are made elsewhere. i hope not in China.
Check out the battery in your DSLR.  Made in China.  So are many non critical parts.  Canon keeps assembly and manufacturer of the critical parts in Japan, but not the stuff that is easy to make and not high tech.

The EF-S kit glasses and EF-M lenses are made in Taiwan, as well as some of the entry-level DSLR. Nothing too important going on here at the moment.
Canon EOS 1D MKIV, EF 24-105mm F/4L, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L, TS-E 17mm F/4L, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
FujiFilm FinePix X100

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »
Would you still consider Germany a trust worthy ally if their prime ministers, one after another, visit the underground bunker of Hitler to pay their respect????

That is exactly many recent Japanese prime ministers did. They visited their National Shrine where at least 14 Class A war criminals of Second World War had their Tablets displayed as Japanese National Heroes.

Yes, these current day Japanese ain’t the ones that slaughtered Thirty Million Chinese civilians during the Second World War, but they as a nation is not taking the war crimes they committed around the world including to many US citizens seriously.

As far as they want to believe, is that they were beaten in the Second World War. They as a nation is not willing to face the countless atrocities they committed during the wars. Actually they are gradually removing these already scarce contents there are willing to admit from their text books.

The level of denial is like if Germany says Auschwitz never existed.

Due to the current close relationship between US and Japan, these outrageous behaviors of the Japanese politicians were largely and conveniently “ignored” in US news.

But to the nations around Japan, including China and South Korea, etc, these blood debt will Never be forgotten until either Japan as a nation Sincerely repent for the crimes they committed during world war II and vow to never do that again, or we will have to sleep with one eye open as they may pull another pearl harbor in the future.

+10000000

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:37 AM »

Oh, great, a politics discussion on CR :-)

Being German I'd say Germany has a horrible record for looking for war crimes after 1945 - the companies and bureaucrats were needed to run the post-war government - and the allies didn't press for it because they needed a stable West Germany in the cold war.

But recently the tide has turned and many corporations that are anxious for their public image opened the books on their past, well, the people involved are dead anyway. Looking at Japan I can say that general consensus in Germany is that Japan lacks way behind in discovering their failures in the past. Imho some pressure on Japanese companies is quite understandable, it might be the only way to influence their politicians. 

... afaik the protest are mainly a diversion for the current changes in their top hierarchy? If so, it shouldn't be long until we can resume discussing the real important issues like how many af points the 6d should have had :-p

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:37 AM »

cityathrt

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 03:10:47 PM »
Came out of lurking just to comment on this thread...

Oh goodness please, just because some Japanese officials visit war memorials (which admittedly portray some unsavory folks in the "national hero" light), Toyota/Canon/those poor souls operating Japanese restaurants in China are also in agreement with those views?

These protests originally did start over who owns some uninhabited islands known as "Senkaku" in Japanese and "Diaoyu" in Chinese. And yes, potential natural gas reserves on/near these islands is what undoubtedly caused these governments to become partially interested in the first place, but now has turned into a full blown patriotism/digging up of the past by the Chinese who are rioting (what are the Japanese doing? I haven't heard anything on the news channels..).

These factories closing are just the beginning. Many Asian entertainers have also cancelled their Japanese promotions/concerts/etc for fear of getting blacklisted by China as a result. I think the whole situation has become absolutely ridiculous when the protests are breaking in and trashing Japanese restaurants, and flipping over Japanese cars and burning them in the streets -- which most likely belonged to a Chinese neighbor.

Or they could just all hate the 6D and the EOS M. Haha.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »
Hey Canon, you can transfer your production to Philippines.  Filipinos are hard-worker.  It may lower the prices down in Philippines so I can buy one there.  I'm buying most of my stuffs here in Malaysia since I'm staying here but would want more Canon presence in the Philippines.  Most of my friends there are Nikonians.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »