October 25, 2014, 12:01:55 PM

Author Topic: Adorama or BH  (Read 1550 times)

luoto

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Adorama or BH
« on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »
Any one with a crystal ball who might be able to guess which of these fine vendors would most likely have more chance of getting the new 24-70 for a NEW order? I am shipping some freight from the USA in the next couple of months and thus would be worth ordering it at the same time since stock is scarce in EU+land in any case... I can wait (enough not to pay silly premiums on eBay).

I had thought about preordering on both sites, but I guess my luck means I would win two on the same day and be too late to cancel the other :) And then my card would have a nice bonfire ..

canon rumors FORUM

Adorama or BH
« on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Adorama or BH
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »
Well, it's a gamble.  5D3 B&H had it first by a few weeks actually.  1DX that wasn't the case and since I was looking for it, Adorama actually had it early by a day  :).  It's hard to predict for sure.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

robbymack

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »
I f you don't mind paying sales tax, assuming you are outside of ny, then you may have luck with your local camera shops. Their preorder lists shouldn't be as long and depending on their relationship with canon maybe they got a larger allocation. It's worth a shot.

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »

Sign up at both for "notify when available." First one to send you a notice wins.
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

luoto

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:36:57 AM »
My local camera store is in Finland (and here they are still not even showing any stocks coming in).

I have stuck an order in with both after some thought as (I read/hope I understood) they don't charge my card until they have the items.

Fingers crossed..

JustinTArthur

• Power Shot G7X
  • Photo, Audio, and Video Hobbyist
    • View Profile
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »
The leadership team of B&H is fairly religious and they only open for a few business days during September. Between the two, Adorama is a bit more reliable in the fall.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »