August 27, 2014, 03:27:54 PM

Author Topic: A positive feedback for 6D  (Read 15760 times)

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
Re: A positive feedback for 6D
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »
We can all use that argument now that they publicly admit that the 1dx and 1dc are exactly the same camera except for the firmware.

They didn't - Canon recently expressively stated that the 1dc uses another, better head dissipation system to deal with filming @4k...

Zlatko

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 07:20:11 PM »
+++1
I am in the same trouble as you, I own quite a bit of glass for my 5D2s, and agree fully with you, Canon is on a very bad slope.... The sensors are crap compared to Sony/Nikon, the AF systems are prehistoric, not talking about pre-war light metering or middle-age flash system. The only thing that speaks for Canon is (sorry WAS) their glass, but since years they just release version 2 of what's already existing. Canon Creativity is about zero, Nikon has improved quite a bit on glass and their prices are decent.

If you take the 28mm f2.8, the old version sells for 200 euros when the new one is 650 euros?? 3 times the price for a basic 28mm? New 24-70mm twice the price of the old one? I don't know what kind of drugs they are on at Canon's but it looks pretty strong......

The 6D is not even for sale it already looks like a joke compared to the 600D and guess what ? It's not available; by then the D600 will cost 300 Euro less....

I switched from Nikon when the 5D2 appeared because it was a revolution (sensor speaking), knowing that everything else was worse than my D200 with it's crappy sensor. As I use a tripod 95% of the time I can cope with the drawbacks. The 5D2 was not a revolution, it was a single event. Canon has not been able to release one camera that competes with Nikon since then (except maybe the 7D).

I really think canon takes people for stupid, they release the 6D with an integrated WiFi/GPS combo, but they charge 500 Euro (WiFi) + 250 Euro (GPS) for the 5D3 accessories. In 4 months they made such a technical progress that they could put it in their mid level camera but not in the Pro ones. Not that I think these features have any use in photography, but for the principle.... They just think we are MORONS.
Canon's releases (cameras, lenses, flashes) in recent years have been great upgrades for me, meeting my photography needs better than at any time since I started with Canon 10 years ago, so I disagree with just about everything you wrote.  Obviously Nikon is meeting the needs of some photographers better.  Likewise for Sony.  This is to be expected, as photographers have different needs and preferences.  If Nikon or Sony meet your needs better, then a switch is in order.

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 02:00:00 AM »
We can all use that argument now that they publicly admit that the 1dx and 1dc are exactly the same camera except for the firmware.

They didn't - Canon recently expressively stated that the 1dc uses another, better head dissipation system to deal with filming @4k...
Ok a better heat dissipation system, perhaps the size of a nickle is added to the 1dx to make a 1dc with diff firmware. How does that alter my comment? That it no longer is exact? lol
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 03:28:15 AM »
Ok a better heat dissipation system, perhaps the size of a nickle is added to the 1dx to make a 1dc with diff firmware. How does that alter my comment? That it no longer is exact? lol

Well, I just wanted to counter the conspiracy theory that 1dx=1dc *exactly*, that's all. I didn't screw open both cameras to compare them, and I guess you didn't either, so we don't know what they changed.

But of course the fact is that the 1dc has a very strange, purely "pro" price and that as a side effect Canon cuts possible features from the not really cheap 1dx & 5d3. Hail Magic Lantern!

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 02:47:43 PM »
http://www.eoshd.com/content/9044/exclusive-canon-confirm-1d-c-4k-dslr-is-same-hardware-as-the-1d-x

This to me is identical enough to be called identical for all intensive purposes. I agree to disagree. I am thinking about firmware being the main thing to Canon's camera sensor capabilities. Firmware and gapless sensors being the last way to give their cameras a boost before moving to more advanced sensor tech. I claim no knowledge on the matter but believe it. Chuck Westfall did seem to allude to great firmware being a major advancement during the 5dm3 release.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr