November 27, 2014, 09:59:38 AM

Author Topic: 5D II live view exposure "oddity"  (Read 746 times)

extremeinstability

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Instability.com
5D II live view exposure "oddity"
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »
5D II live view exposure "oddity".  I'm going to assume something is broken to cause this, but hope it's some weird setting I'm just missing that is doing it.  Seems like the results say something is broke. 

http://www.extremeinstability.com/stormpics/2012/5d2liveview.jpg

That picture shows the issue.  I'm in manual mode live view on.  (So it's not some issue with that square part metering stuff)  The scene on the lcd changes as I change the exposure.  I take the shot and it's blown out too bright.  I stop down more and take the shot again, same blow out.  But if I turn the live view back off and take the shot, the shot appears like it did on live view and not blown out.  Just look at the settings on the two examples of the resulting images.  First one blown out with live view on at 1/6400 yet look at the 1/4000(slower) exposure when live view is turned off.  It's like it should be.  Something has to be screwed up and not just some odd setting that would do this?  It's a used 5D II I just got.  Images shot in raw and not touched during conversion.  100-400L was the lens.  24 seconds apart from one another. 

Thanks
Mike

canon rumors FORUM

5D II live view exposure "oddity"
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »