July 29, 2014, 12:59:45 PM

Poll

If you fall into the target as defined below, do you want the next high megapixel camera (as defined below) to have a grip or not?

Yes, I want a grip and will only buy the high MP body if it comes with a built in grip.
2 (28.6%)
Yes, I want a grip, but will buy the high MP body regardless of built-in grip.
3 (42.9%)
No, I do not want a grip and will not buy the high MP body if it comes with a built in grip.
1 (14.3%)
No, I do not want a grip but will buy the high MP body regardless of built-in grip.
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Next Big Megapixel Camera From Canon - Grip or No Grip?  (Read 1595 times)

KitsVancouver

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Next Big Megapixel Camera From Canon - Grip or No Grip?
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »
It seems to me that people have strong preferences for the size of camera bodies when it comes to built-in grip (1D style) vs. no grip (5D style).  I've read a few posts about people hoping the next big megapixel camera will come with a grip and I've read many posts about people hoping for no grip. 

So I'm wondering...based on the following assumptions, whether more people desire a grip or more people desire no grip. 

• The next high MP body will be greater than $5,500 but no more than $7,500
  • You can afford to spend $5,500 to $7,500 on a body.
  • You are willing to spend $5,500 to $7,500 on a body (regardless of grip or no grip).
  • The next high MP body will have greater than 40MP
  • The next high MP body will be available for purchase by the end of CY2013
  • There are no new high MP bodies announced from Nikon by the end of CY2013
  • The next high MP body has similar or same specs as the 1Dx but is limited to 5 fps.

Please only vote if you meet all the above criteria/assumptions. 
i.e. If you cannot afford or are not willing to spend $5,500 to $7,500 on a camera body, then please do not vote. 

canon rumors FORUM

Next Big Megapixel Camera From Canon - Grip or No Grip?
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »

AmbientLight

• 6D
    • View Profile
Re: Next Big Megapixel Camera From Canon - Grip or No Grip?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »
You might want to add an option:
Will buy the camera even without built-in grip, but will purchase add-on grip for portrait orientation shooting.

CatfishSoupFTW

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 03:17:42 PM »
You might want to add an option:
Will buy the camera even without built-in grip, but will purchase add-on grip for portrait orientation shooting.

I agree on that, a grip that you would have to add afterwards wouldnt be soo bad .. I suppose. but its worth the voting, as some people still do it.
5DmrkII, 40D, 24-105 F4L, 50mm 1.8, 17-85, 70-300

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 03:17:42 PM »