Image & Video Galleries > 1D X Sample Images

1D X - Memory Cards best burstrate with Lexar and Transcend Cards 400X and 300X

<< < (5/5)

Chris_prophotographic:
yes 100x 256mb lexar what was your burst total before stutter, i have a new 64gb transcend and i got 74 frames in  succession!

Dylan777:

--- Quote from: B-Man on September 25, 2012, 02:07:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: jfretless on September 25, 2012, 01:48:55 PM ---Dude...

You have a 1D X...   Spend a couple of hundred dollars and buy Lexar 1000x cards.  ...or even 600X

The other brands have fast cards also, but I recommend Lexar.

--- End quote ---
1+

--- End quote ---

+2...and I'm shooting with 5D III - RAW

Phoenix_Canon:
After I acquired my 1DX in July, I wanted to ensure that I had the fastest CF cards for continuous shooting.  I had always used SanDisk Extreme Pro cards but was concerned that their cards were rated at 82% of the comparable Lexar 32GB cards in the Galbraith review.  I have never lost an image on a SanDisk so I was confident in their storage quality but the speed bothered me.  I even contacted SanDisk to see if they were releasing faster cards soon and I got a "dance around" answer that did not indicate they were. Today, they still do not offer faster cards. Therefore, I purchased a pair of Lexar 1000X 32GB cards that were on sale at Adorama for $234.95.  There was a big run on that deal so it required 3 weeks for them to arrive.

I have used the Lexar cards exclusively since they arrived and always shoot with recording to both cards.  I have yet to hear the 1DX stop recording in a burst mode of 12fps whereas that occurred frequently with my 10fps Mark IV with the SanDisk cards.  I am pretty certain the Lexar would stop recording if my burst was long enough but that did not happen in the two football games I shot this fall.

I highly recommend Lexar and unless SanDisk matches their speed I will not purchase SanDisk again.

tron:
Check this too:

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=10804.msg193679#msg193679

(canon rumors FORUM » Gear Talk » Technical Support » Missing Images from 5D Mark III CF Card )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version