April 20, 2014, 04:18:49 PM

Author Topic: mhm... open letter to canon?  (Read 18833 times)

x-vision

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: mhm... open letter to canon?
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2012, 01:08:51 PM »
I suspect 6D will be a super success.
I will not buy it but I know of lot of people around me who want an inexpensive full frame camera with good IQ.
They are casual photographers who want super quality for a super price without the 'bells and whistles'.
The world has far more 'casual' photographers who want value for money compared to photographers who want everything on their camera.
IMHO.

Well, it remains to be seen if the 6D will be perceived as good value for money.

Basic, consumer-level specs ... for $2099 ... is not good value for money in my book.

The thing is, even if the 6D drops to $1500, I'll still have my doubts.
The basic AF system on the 6D is certainly not confidence inspiring.
And what good is a gorgeous FF sensor on a camera that can't focus.
That's my view of things.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:11:44 PM by x-vision »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2012, 01:08:51 PM »

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »
It, obviously, will focus just fine for semi actions shots. I think. I hope!

Canon-F1

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
6D, 5D MK2, 7D, 550D... a lot of Glass.

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
we need more bad press for canon like this:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/10/10/did-canons-sensor-quality-regress-in-its-entry-level-dslrs/

http://fstoppers.com/canon-650d-rates-worse-than-previous-models

maybe they will wake up in japan then....

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/10/10/did-canons-sensor-quality-regress-in-its-entry-level-dslrs/ -  According to camera testing service DxOMark..."
http://fstoppers.com/canon-650d-rates-worse-than-previous-models - " A new comparison test conducted by DXO Mark...."

Will we finally read on dxo site?:
"We were interested how 1dx sensor will behave in comparison to those in 1d4 and 1ds3. Unfortunately, the new sensor in canon's top model is worse in every aspect..."

The discussion about the tests conducted by dxo are here everywhere. First canon vs nikon, later canon sensors vs sony sensors and finally canon defenders vs dxo. Neverending story...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:13:22 PM by marekjoz »
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

ajschot

« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2012, 10:16:52 AM »
It was accurate and really fast! there is not that much light at the canon booth and they had not the fastest lens on it (24-105 4.0) and even in that conditions it was totally accurate...  It's a completely diffrent system then the 5D II or 60D, so it doesn't matter if its 1 cross/dualcross/wtfcrosspoint or 10 or 100. It works absolutely fine! So STOP COMPLANING until you had the camera in your hands, took it into dark environment and experienced something completely diffrent!

What looks spot on when reviewing on the LCD is often OOF when reviewing on a monitor during post.  'Totally accurate' with the deep DoF of an f/4 lens is not the same as totally accurate with the razor-thin DoF of an f/1.2 lens and a close subject.  How was the AI Servo tracking performance?

I'm not complaining, just suggesting that the jury is still out, and 20 minutes with a camera at a trade show does is not sufficient for a thorough test.

I also played around with the 6d at the photokina, i was really amazed too and ALSO with the 24-70 f/2.8 it was fast and sharp! Sharper and faster AF then on my 7D, i have to say... i loved it! I just want to know if the IQ and noise level is as good as the 5d3 if that is true, i buy the 6D i have a 19AF crosspoints and i sometimes are disapointed in difficult details that it is not that sharp because of the crosstype. Crosstype is not always better....
The only thing that i can say, it was fast, accurate (zoomed in on the LCD, yes not a monitor i know) i really loved it, and the 1/4000... well then use your ISO at 50.... then you would have the same exposure....

The only things i am going to miss is... joystick, CF cards and the depth knob... 
well... miss i think i will use it as a backup body and wildlife.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:35:14 AM by ajschot »

EvillEmperor

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2013, 01:20:03 PM »
Haha you guys who were complaining were dumb! The 6D's one AF point is absolutely amazing I heard! Have a little faith in the company, jeez!
Canon 5D MK III, Canon T2i, Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, Canon 24-105, Canon 100 macro, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 430EX II, Canon 28-135mm (sold)

RLPhoto

• 1D X
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »
Haha you guys who were complaining were dumb! The 6D's one AF point is absolutely amazing I heard! Have a little faith in the company, jeez!

Amazing? No, The 5D3 AF was amazing the moment I used it. The 6D AF felt like a re-gurdgetated 20D AF with a better center point. Which is the entire problem, The center point is excellent.

24LII - 50L - 135L
---------------------------------
www.RamonLperez.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »

garyknrd

• Rebel T5i
  • Birding
    • View Profile
    • Bird photography
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2013, 10:42:10 AM »
IF Canon does come out with that camera? It will launch a wildlife photo boom. The new super II lenses are so good they eclipse the current cameras IMO. Except the 7D. But it is not up
to the AF. I will buy one in a heart beat.
Live between Thailand and Texas, USA

glongstaff

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
    • glongstaff smugmug
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013, 03:48:56 PM »
to be honest, i like to see a website raise uncomfortable questions.

but today it´s all nice "blahblah".

when a website is lucky enough to get an interview, it looks like they do everthing to keep the manager comfortable.

the result is an interview that is nothing more then boring PR.
cheap advertising for the companys.

when have you read an interview with a canon manager where the interviewer asked question you would ask?

Just like a lot of crap bands and movie coverage...possibly too frightened of losing their ability to get hands on testing the goods to have write-ups to beat their market companions...(ie the companies controlling access to their products for only those that are willing to kiss ass!)   ;)
5D MKIII, EF 24-105mm F/4 IS L USM, EF 85mm F/1.8, EF 55-200mm 4.5-5.6 USM,  Sigma DG 150-500 5-6.3 APO HSM, Speedlite 430EXII

EOS 350D, EFS 18-55mm

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013, 03:48:56 PM »