August 01, 2015, 02:03:32 AM

Author Topic: iDC Triplethreat  (Read 2578 times)

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
iDC Triplethreat
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
Just a heads up, I really like the iDC Triplethreat flash bracket. I wanted to get another couple (I keep losing them!) and emailed iDC, I pointed out that at $59 they were well above the price of the Bruce Dorn version available for pre-order from B&H, I made them an offer of $100 for three.

They just emailed me back saying they are selling their last remaining stock for $33.99 each, then they are done. I ordered three, I just need to stop losing them now!

http://www.idcphotovideo.com/store/triple-threat-traditional

EDIT: I forgot to add why I prefer them to other designs, I love that they are evenly spaced around the modifier shaft, I can use two on one shaft for six lights (I have five 550EX's and three 600EX-RT's) but best of all, they don't have clamp coldshoes, the slots work much better for the lever style Canon strobes. Great $35 worth.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:19:39 PM by privatebydesign »
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

canon rumors FORUM

iDC Triplethreat
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »

dlleno

• 5D Mark III
Re: iDC Triplethreat
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:51:26 AM »
thanks!  I just ordered 2.  highly regarded by Syl Arena.  this one has two set screws to clamp onto the modifier shaft.   I see your point about lever mount shoes, as well. 

the last of the single billet designs perhaps...

dlleno

• 5D Mark III
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »
I realize this is an old thread but I thought I would offer an important observations

1.  The IDC tripple threat works wonderfully on Canon.  I like the billet design which is very solid, and the non-adjustable foot is a nice bonus. 

2. After I purchased these, I found that they didn't marry as well to my Yongnuo flash feet.  Now that I have converted to all-Yongnuo flash I find that I don't need these anymore

if anyone is interested in my IDC triple threats I have a pair for sale. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »