October 22, 2014, 12:33:14 PM

Author Topic: iDC Triplethreat  (Read 1812 times)

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
iDC Triplethreat
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
Just a heads up, I really like the iDC Triplethreat flash bracket. I wanted to get another couple (I keep losing them!) and emailed iDC, I pointed out that at $59 they were well above the price of the Bruce Dorn version available for pre-order from B&H, I made them an offer of $100 for three.

They just emailed me back saying they are selling their last remaining stock for $33.99 each, then they are done. I ordered three, I just need to stop losing them now!

http://www.idcphotovideo.com/store/triple-threat-traditional

EDIT: I forgot to add why I prefer them to other designs, I love that they are evenly spaced around the modifier shaft, I can use two on one shaft for six lights (I have five 550EX's and three 600EX-RT's) but best of all, they don't have clamp coldshoes, the slots work much better for the lever style Canon strobes. Great $35 worth.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:19:39 PM by privatebydesign »
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

canon rumors FORUM

iDC Triplethreat
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »

dlleno

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
Re: iDC Triplethreat
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:51:26 AM »
thanks!  I just ordered 2.  highly regarded by Syl Arena.  this one has two set screws to clamp onto the modifier shaft.   I see your point about lever mount shoes, as well. 

the last of the single billet designs perhaps...

dlleno

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »
I realize this is an old thread but I thought I would offer an important observations

1.  The IDC tripple threat works wonderfully on Canon.  I like the billet design which is very solid, and the non-adjustable foot is a nice bonus. 

2. After I purchased these, I found that they didn't marry as well to my Yongnuo flash feet.  Now that I have converted to all-Yongnuo flash I find that I don't need these anymore

if anyone is interested in my IDC triple threats I have a pair for sale. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »