April 29, 2016, 11:49:25 PM

Author Topic: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM  (Read 47415 times)

Eldar

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Flickr
Re: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »
Gents, could you please do us the favour and act like Gents? If you need an arena to insult one another, please create your own private thread or preferably do it some place else. You may find it entertaining, the rest of us do not ...
Canonite and Zeissoholic ...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a catoon's stuffed toy?
« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2016, 11:09:06 AM »
Gents, could you please do us the favour and act like Gents? If you need an arena to insult one another, please create your own private thread or preferably do it some place else. You may find it entertaining, the rest of us do not ...

Oh don't take it so seriously Eldar, it is just a couple of girls bitching in the schoolyard  ;) It always dies down when the next thing of interest comes along.

For myself and what drives my comments, I hate poseurs and people who have zero humility when they need some, I despise with a passion people who suggest they are one thing yet give out incredibly inaccurate 'advice' to others that just belie their actual inexperience. I might well go too far sometimes but I feel the inexperienced need a counterpoint to these blowhards.

But I apologise if I have offended you and was sad that you took down two images you posted to this thread, a counterpoint, yes, an impediment, no.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

Pookie

• Canon 7D MK II
    • www.davidkm.com
« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2016, 11:45:56 AM »

Oh don't take it so seriously Eldar, it is just a couple of girls bitching in the schoolyard  ;) It always dies down when the next thing of interest comes along.

For myself and what drives my comments, I hate poseurs and people who have zero humility when they need some, I despise with a passion people who suggest they are one thing yet give out incredibly inaccurate 'advice' to others that just belie their actual inexperience. I might well go too far sometimes but I feel the inexperienced need a counterpoint to these blowhards.

But I apologise if I have offended you and was sad that you took down two images you posted to this thread, a counterpoint, yes, an impediment, no.

If you notice... this thread I posted nothing to until Polly decided to write rather than post a portfolio that would end this. I do feel sorry for poser Polly as now he's so whipped that  he can't even post anything of his own without mentioning me. Look at his tag line... I've gotten so far under his skin he can't think straight. Who is the schoolgirl here.

That and 35 years without any sales? I now know why 10k in sales seems far fetched based on your business acumen.

Still, just post a port (not your snapshots posted here) and let's see who the real poser is... all this talk is just too funny. Dance Polly, dance.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Eldar

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Flickr
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2016, 12:07:08 PM »

Private, don´t worry, I am not easily offended ;) And regarding the two images I took down, that was simply because I realised I had posted them months ago  ::)

I am just an amateur, who find that my photography has improved through feedback I have received on this forum (plus a few others). I appreciate that more knowledgable people than myself take the time to view them and give me feedback. For the most part we are polite, but I also get more critical notes, often as a PM, which I truly appreciate. I also get to see what other photographers post and it helps. Some are fantastic, some are not.

If I could not handle criticism, I would not post anything here. Also, it is a big difference between posting an image, showing the capability of a certain piece of equipment and posting an image you would enter into a competition, or try to sell. Posting to boost personal egos is always wrong.

I just find that too many threads are being polluted by too many off-topic posts, that´s all.
Canonite and Zeissoholic ...

J.R.

• 1D X Mark II
« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »

Private, don´t worry, I am not easily offended ;) And regarding the two images I took down, that was simply because I realised I had posted them months ago  ::)

I am just an amateur, who find that my photography has improved through feedback I have received on this forum (plus a few others). I appreciate that more knowledgable people than myself take the time to view them and give me feedback. For the most part we are polite, but I also get more critical notes, often as a PM, which I truly appreciate. I also get to see what other photographers post and it helps. Some are fantastic, some are not.

If I could not handle criticism, I would not post anything here. Also, it is a big difference between posting an image, showing the capability of a certain piece of equipment and posting an image you would enter into a competition, or try to sell. Posting to boost personal egos is always wrong.

I just find that too many threads are being polluted by too many off-topic posts, that´s all.

Beautifully put Eldar. You've spoken for me as well. I couldn't have put the point across with such eloquence.

+1
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it, so ... stop feeding the troll

1DX II; 5D III; 17L TSE; 35L II; 40 STM; 50L, 85L II; 100 Macro; 135L; 200L; 11-24L; 24-70L II; 100-400L II

K-amps

• 1D X Mark II
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2016, 01:01:51 PM »
Quote from: Sony
My pic taken with 5D MK III and 11-24mm f/4

Beautiful !
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Rokinon 14mm F2.8; ∑ 24-105mm F4 A; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 100-400mm L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro,  TC's 2x ; 1.4x Mk.iii

R1-7D

• Canon 6D
« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2016, 12:37:25 AM »
Just picked up this lens before the price hike here in Canada. It's easily becoming my new favourite lens! 11mm is amazing, but is not always a focal length that's suitable. Anyways, really impressed. Images are sharp and the distortion is fairly low.

Cheers :)
Cameras: 1DX, Canon M. Lenses: EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro, EF 85mm f/1.2 EF L II, 2X III, EF 11-24mm f/4 L, Flashes MT-24 580EXII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2016, 12:37:25 AM »

privatebydesign

« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2016, 01:15:44 AM »
Yes a really great lens.

Here are four from me from today nothing fancy, just great record shots for those to which they are relevant.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

R1-7D

• Canon 6D
« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2016, 01:31:14 AM »
Yes a really great lens.

Here are four from me from today nothing fancy, just great record shots for those to which they are relevant.

Nice shots! This lens controls flaring very well. I was coming from a Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8, and I didn't dare face the sun with it. I was concerned the 11-24 would be much the same, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it's much much better.
Cameras: 1DX, Canon M. Lenses: EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro, EF 85mm f/1.2 EF L II, 2X III, EF 11-24mm f/4 L, Flashes MT-24 580EXII

GMCPhotographics

• 1D Mark IV
    • GMCPhotographics
« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »

Yep...I find this particular forum to be the least hostile of all the photographic forums. But it's still a hostile and bitchy place. I also frequent talkbass, a forum for bass players. That forum has a wide spread of luthiers, beginners, pros and semi pros and it's a really nice place to hang out. Unfortunately I find photographers to be a rather bitchy and unhappy bunch of people which manifests in some quite poisonous forums (DPR for example). Where as bass players (who are also very creative) seem to be a nicer and a more contented group of people. Sure, there are exceptions...but they are not the norm. I think the ability to "like" a post helps keep things a little more friendly in the same way Face book does.
But hey...that's just my 2 pennies worth, I don't tend to hang out here all that often.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:32:46 AM by GMCPhotographics »

GMCPhotographics

• 1D Mark IV
    • GMCPhotographics
« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2016, 10:13:45 AM »
It's nice to see what people are doing with their copies. OMG I miss that kind of UWA...a TSe17L isn't quite the same!

privatebydesign

« Reply #236 on: April 24, 2016, 03:57:21 PM »
Took this an hour ago, I have taken this picture several times over the years and this is one of the reasons I got the 11-24, for this very image. I have taken it with the 15 fisheye and defished with both the 1.3 crop 1D series and 1Ds series cameras, I have also taken it with film on a 1VHS with a 16-35 f2.8.

The 11-24 is unmatched in its performance from Canon for an UWA lens. Interestingly the DR from the 1DS MkIII is substantially higher, in actual real usability terms, than any of the films I have taken the shot with, tropical sun and white canvas make for very awkward exposure conditions.

1Ds MkIII, 11-24 @ 11mm, f9.0, 1/500 sec, 100iso. Av mode with +2/3 EC.

Click

« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »
Pretty cool shot, privatebydesign.  Well done.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2016, 04:20:22 PM »

Roo

• Canon 7D MK II
« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2016, 05:15:22 PM »
nice one pbd!
5Diii, 60D,GoPro Hero 4, Canon 16-35 f4L, Canon 24-105 f4L, Canon 70-200 f2.8L is II, Canon 50 f1.8 STM, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 f2.8macro, Tamron 150-600

Jack Douglas

• 1D X Mark II
    • Jack Douglas Waller
« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »
Well, I'd completely forgotten about this thread.  Notify was checked but I was not being notified - not the first time this has happened.

So, back reading a bit and I must say I feel sorry for some folk who seem compelled to spew venom.  My dear old mother used to say, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything, which is a little extreme but worth keeping in mind.

All of the shots are very helpful to me in seeing what works best.  I'm so bogged down in house repairs that I can't even remember previous shots I could post but one thing for sure, it often comes in real handy.

For example,  this pattern is being used to evaluate the slab of granite I will purchase.  Absolutely, no room and terrible lighting but a couple seconds and I had a useful shot.  Posting it here may get me shot too. ;)

I've also found the lens to be very useful in museums, when allowed, again for close proximity.

And here is an 11 mm shot from last fall that I like although the lighting that was not what I would have preferred.  This is a fun lens that I'll never regret buying.

Jack
6D  11-24 F4  24-70 F4  70-200 F2.8 II  300 F2.8 II  1.4X III  2X III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »