April 23, 2014, 06:52:48 PM

Author Topic: BG-e11  (Read 964 times)

jaayres20

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Joshua Ayres Photography
BG-e11
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
I am having issues with my grip.  I have used it quite a bit and it has worked just fine until recently.  During a wedding the battery indicator was flashing showing both my batteries were almost dead.  I found it strange since I had only been shooting for about 3 hours and normally they last me all day.  Later after I charged both batteries it did it again with fresh batteries.  Going into the menu to battery info it said they were both at 100% even with the indicator flashing that they were about to go dead.  Sometimes it will show a message that the camera cannot communicate with the batteries.  After pulling out batteries and disconnecting the grip and putting everything back together it usually works fine for a while.  Do you think the grip is going bad or there is a connection issue?

canon rumors FORUM

BG-e11
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »

swampler

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: BG-e11
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
Are you using Canon batteries or 3rd party? I've found 3rd party will cause the battery icon to flash and show 100% until firing a shot, then it reads correctly, but I suppose there could be other issues with different 3rd party batteries.

I have the bg-e11 and haven't had your issue other than when 1st turned on as described above.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: BG-e11
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »