January 30, 2015, 12:07:50 PM

Author Topic: Anything shot with a 1DX - Page 2  (Read 8018 times)

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
Re: Anything shot with a 1DX - Page 2
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2015, 08:48:54 PM »
Edward,
We still waiting for your Safari photo books ;)

Thanks Dylan, Yes, I need to stop travelling about taking Images and spend more time at Home, on the other hand, need to start packing again   :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2015, 08:48:54 PM »

ray5

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2015, 09:51:59 PM »
Edward,

Thanks Dylan, Yes, I need to stop travelling about taking Images and spend more time at Home, on the other hand, need to start packing again   :)
May I suggest organizing a Safari for us? I bet many folks would sign up at once!

AshtonNekolah

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • The Portfolio Of Ashton Nekolah V1.8 Love Is The Only Truthâ„¢
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2015, 09:37:40 AM »
Eml
Your images are mesmerizing! I have no words to describe the story it tells. It's painful to return to look at mine!
Thanks for sharing

Appreciated Ray5, Thank You.

I think a lot of it is about opportunity, I'm fortunate that I'm able to get to these places, and if you spend enough time in places like these the opportunity for interesting Images pretty well always presents at some point.

It does take patience, I have lost count of the number of times I've spent 4 or 5 hours following a Leopard etc, sat in the vehicle waiting under a tree for that special shot of a Leopard jumping, and a vehicle full of people will pull up, shoot off a number of Images of a sleeping Leopard, then once that's been "ticked" as "done" disappear in a cloud of dust for the next Image on the list.

I simply never share a vehicle on Safari, unless it's with my Family of course, it allows you to be in more control of what you do.

Hi may I ask? Do you guys got workshops or anything like that. Sounds like a blast.
A.N

Canon EOS 5D MK II|2 Canon EOS 7D II |EF 17-40mm F/4L USM|EF 40mm F/2.8 STM|EF 50mm F/1.2L USM|EF 100mm F/2.8L Macro IS USM|EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS II USM|

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »
Hi may I ask? Do you guys got workshops or anything like that. Sounds like a blast.

Hi Ashton, over the last few years I've done a few photography workshops with Pro Photographers, it's one of the best ways to learn a lot in a short amount of time, in particular when it comes to wildlife photography. 

Typically a 10 day workshop/safari with a Pro will set you back around $10k plus airfares, as long as you go with someone that has a reputation for excellence you will not regret the time & money.

I've used Oryx Photography & Greg DeToit for the last 4 years, an amazing combination, there are a few others that do a great job as well, if your interested PM me & I'll be happy to send you details.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »
Edward,

Edward,
I'm sure many/most CR members would look forward for your electronic  postcards.
Bodies: 1DX -- 5D III
Zooms: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Primes: 40mm -- 85L II -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »