Image & Video Galleries > 1D X Sample Images

1D X - 1 Thing you would Add or CHANGE? either physically or Firmware

<< < (11/17) > >>

verysimplejason:

--- Quote from: dolina on October 27, 2012, 09:59:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: verysimplejason on October 27, 2012, 09:18:00 AM ---5D3 would be good as an all-purpose body but you'll lose that extra reach.  An ISO of 12800 I think is still usable though so you can add extra reach through extenders but it will set you back a lot of dollars I imagine.  Anyway, I've browsed through your bird shots and it's very good and educational.

--- End quote ---
The 5D3 actually has more reach than the 1DX. Both are full frame bodies but the 1DX has less pixels. I survived with the 5D2 so follows my being critical with the 1DX.

TCs are ok but you lose stops of light and AF becomes less quick and decisive.

Glad you appreciate the hardwork put into making them. They often get stolen by locals for their advocacies. They often point to budget problems but they have cash to pay their employees, suppliers, vendors and other people.  ;D

Often times they are just plain uncourteous. Upbringing I guess.

Which reminds me. I'll start posting images 800px and smaller.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Also you can add a big watermark or something.    500px is enough for sampling.  Just indicate that you have the raw file should they want to print bigger images.  Some people are really cheap.

I think some birders here are getting the 1DX not so much for resolution but for its very capable AF.  For me, I just want the 5D3 since I'm doing almost any kind of photography that comes to my mind.  :)  Hopefully I'll get it by mid next year.  I want to go to Palawan next year to have some nature photography.

dolina:
They actually reproduce my work with the watermark at the corner. :( Will put a strip right dab center next time so others will know that the work was ripped off.

People think anything on the web is free (see Senator Sotto) and just grab whatever. They fail to see the time, effort and especially money that is put into making these images possible.

Palawan would be a great place to take up nature photography. I have yet to visit.

--- Quote from: verysimplejason on October 27, 2012, 07:43:02 PM ---Also you can add a big watermark or something.    500px is enough for sampling.  Just indicate that you have the raw file should they want to print bigger images.  Some people are really cheap.

I think some birders here are getting the 1DX not so much for resolution but for its very capable AF.  For me, I just want the 5D3 since I'm doing almost any kind of photography that comes to my mind.  :)  Hopefully I'll get it by mid next year.  I want to go to Palawan next year to have some nature photography.

--- End quote ---

Ewinter:
The ability to set a button to jump RIGHT into flash settings.
I can't believe there isn't even the option in the custom functions. You have to jump through like 5 menus to get to the right flash options.

expatinasia:
I would like:

1) Headphone jack
2) USB 3.0 or better.
3) A few more options in the My Menu area.

Can't really think of anything else right now.

pwp:

--- Quote from: Ewinter on October 04, 2013, 08:12:35 PM ---The ability to set a button to jump RIGHT into flash settings.
I can't believe there isn't even the option in the custom functions. You have to jump through like 5 menus to get to the right flash options.

--- End quote ---
Set it up as a My Menu item...two clicks

-pw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version