August 28, 2014, 09:37:15 AM

Author Topic: Why you should take your camera to family Weddings  (Read 15373 times)

TAF

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Why you should take your camera to family Weddings (and funerals)
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »
This is going to sound a little creepy, but you should also bring a camera to family funerals (specifically the gathering that takes place afterward).

At least in my family, funerals are pretty much the only time we all see each other anymore (we're scattered all over the country), and our tradition is a large meal after the ceremony where we all get together and reminisce about the departed.  Some of the photos I've taken at the last couple of gatherings are the last photos ever taken of a few of my other relatives, and everyone was glad to receive them afterward.

Ask the immediate family if it is OK, and if they're OK with it, take as many photos as you can of everyone.  We're all going sooner or later, and you just never know when.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Why you should take your camera to family Weddings (and funerals)
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »

DB

Re: Why you should take your camera to family Weddings
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »
What did this guy do when it was 36 exposures a roll?

He probably never shot film.
With the new Canon DSLR's you can set your camera to P "pro" mode and go right to work with little or no experience.

P = Program Mode  on Canon DSLR cameras. The P for Professional is an urban myth. Just read the manual.

DCM1024

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »

With the new Canon DSLR's you can set your camera to P "pro" mode and go right to work with little or no experience.

P = Program Mode  on Canon DSLR cameras. The P for Professional is an urban myth. Just read the manual.

Um - I'm pretty sure the P = Pro comment was intended to be sarcastic.

DB

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2012, 03:27:07 PM »

Um - I'm pretty sure the P = Pro comment was intended to be sarcastic.

Sure, but perpetuates a myth that it is. Google it - you'll be surprised that 80%+ still believe that it stands for Pro. That's the problem with misinformation, it becomes a double hermeneutic.

edit: sarcasm works only when everyone knows it is sarcasm, people come to CR for factual info, when they see a comment like that, many will assume it to be true, because most do not bother to read their manuals, thus they see a throw away line and believe it - they then tell their friends and others that P is the Professional mode and word of mouth does the rest - hence it becomes a misinformed self-fulfilling prophecy and hence most people tell others on blogs etc. (see Google for instance). What starts out as a sarcastic line becomes regurgitated fact...unfortunately.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:34:41 PM by DB »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2012, 03:27:07 PM »