December 06, 2016, 03:12:31 PM

Author Topic: What are most people using for processing RAW  (Read 26606 times)

Steb

• PowerShot G1 X II
Re: What are most people using for processing RAW
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2012, 12:34:29 PM »
. The import / librairies system with LR is just a useless nightmare to me

i guess you do no keywording?
anyway.... it is obvious that you have NO CLUE AT ALL what a library is usefull for.  ::)

sorting you images into folders will help you nothing if you have thousands of photos and need to search for a motive.... and this is only one example when a database approach comes in handy.

try to find all images with a "ball" on a "beach" and a "sunset" in a 100000 picture collection.

takes me 5 seconds to search all my images for these keywords.

His statement was it is a useless nightmare for him. Maybe you have no clue yourself if you think only your requirements are valid. A library does not give additional features. Everything is possible without, it just takes more time. I don't do keywording myself but it is possible. Of course a database is faster when searching 100000 pictures but that is your requirement, not that of everyone else. I have other use cases that just don't work with a library. Not uneducated or naive, just different.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2012, 12:34:29 PM »

chasn

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »
Big thanks to the poster who mentioned Photo Ninja on this thread - I have been playing with it for the last two days on 'difficult' images and I am hugely impressed......

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »