By| August 25, 2010
Will that be all?
We’ll find out soon enough if Canon is done for Photokina.
I’ll go ahead and say no, there are definitely new PowerShots coming, G12 and SX30 anyone? Will they be announced alongside a 1Ds Mark IV or beside a 2000D?
Right & Wrong
So how’d we do rumor wise on this round of announcements.
– We pretty much nailed this camera.
70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
– We sort of got this correct. I reported that a 70-300 replacement was coming a while ago, then we found a 100-300 rumor on a web site.
I think this lens will be a great addition to the Canon line-up. The old 70-300 was a bit misplaced.
8-15 f/4L Fisheye
– Really had no clue a fisheye zoom was coming. We saw a report of an 8-15, but that’s about it. This is a darn cool lens based on specs.
300 f/2.8L IS II & 400 f/2.8L IS II
– Nailed the 300 and knew a second super telephoto was coming. Noted they’d be replaced in pairs. Nailed this one a while ago. Very happy about these lenses!
– Knew about them a while ago.
I’m getting married today, so this is me signing off. I really won’t be blogging before, during or after the wedding today.