Patent: Large Back Illuminated Sensor
By| January 23, 2012
New Sensor Patent
Canon has published a back illuminated sensor patent for APS-C and Full Frame sensors. Back Illuminated Sensors allow for a more effective use of pixel area.
Patent Publication No. 2012-15275
- 2012.1.19 Release Date
- Filing date 2010.6.30
Back-illuminated imaging device
- The two bonded substrates photoelectric conversion unit and the peripheral circuit manufacturing to
- Photoelectric conversion unit and the peripheral circuit microprocessor which is connected by bump
- The incident light is changed and the current strong influence to adjacent pixels in the peripheral circuit, and noise (similar to a smear phenomenon).
- And a peripheral circuit connected to a DC power supply photoelectric conversion unit
- Resistance is lowered, reducing the voltage drop