Another spec list torn apart by the community. The crop factors are off to a lot of people. APS-C isn’t 1/1.6.
Received 8 spec lists today! I expect 1.6x more tomorrow.
1D Mark V
A new claimed spec list of the upcoming 1D Mark 5.
We’re still getting conflicting 1Ds Mark IV & 1D Mark V model names. I’m still not sure what the new flagship will be called.
- Sensor: 36 x 24mm CMOS sensor
- Processor: Dual DIGIC 5
- A/D conversion: 14 bit
- Image sizes: 32.4 mp, 16.2 mp, 8.1 mp @ 5, 3 fps
- APS-H mode (1.3x) – 24.9 mp, 12.5 mp, 6.2 mp @ 8, 3 fps
- APS-C mode (1.6x) – 20.3 mp, 10.1 mp, 5.1 mp @ 10, 3 fps
- Movie Mode: 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97, 25, 23.976 fps
- 1280 x 720 @ 59.94, 50 fps
- 640 x 480 @ 59.94, 50 fps
- APS-H mode (1.3x) – 1920 x 1080 @ 59.94, 50 fps
- APS-C mode (1.6x) – 1280 x 720 @ 119,88, 100 fps
- Viewfinder: Magnification: 0.76x, 100% frame coverage
- APS-H viewfinder magnification zoom: 0.87x – 89% viewfinder crop
- APS-C viewfinder magnification zoom: 1.0x – 82% viewfinder crop
Go on and discuss what you think. This is fairly inline with what we’ve heard previously.
I received a price list from a German dealer today, omitted on the price list was the 1Ds Mark III and 1D Mark IV. The dealer is a pro dealer.
5D Mark II Crazy Price
Best Buy dumping 5D Mark II’s for what appears to be below cost.
Visit Best Buy 5D Mark II Listing
Canon Australia bug or more?
The 5D Mark II is listed twice on the Canon Australia web site, it wasn’t like this a little while ago. A placeholder or a mistake?
*UPDATE* It was pointed out to me that if you click the second 5D Mark II link, the URL says “6D” at the end. *thanks Mike*
Nothing else too crazy today.
Below is an update of the current state of rumors surrounding camera bodies. Most of what’s below is opinion, or clarification of what’s going on.
1Ds Mark IV
I was told a long time ago that a 1Ds Mark IV (or similar) camera would not arrive until late 2011 or early 2012 and would be 40+ megapixels. It would be a “big departure” from the current 1Ds line.
There’s been no information on the line that I’d call factual yet, the information I have been told seems to lead to a new type of camera on top of the Canon lineup.
1D Mark V
We’ve heard a lot about the amalgamation of the 1D/1Ds line over the years. It’s been a lot stronger in the last 6 months. It was over 6 months ago that I was first told a new 1D would arrive before any 1Ds replacement.
I personally think most spec lists recently have been wish lists more than fact, however I post them anyway just in case. I suspect we’ll have better information in the coming week or so.
All signs point to this camera, more than any other.
5D Mark III
Everything I get now says it’s a 2012 camera. Most likely in the February timeframe.
There’s a lot of rumblings about the line splitting into 2 models, nothing concrete though. If this camera was coming this month, I believe we’d hear a lot more about it.
Getty shooter Clive Mason had this to ask about a photograph taken by Richard Heathcote.
Richard Heathcote had previously admitted to having a preproduction 400 f/2.8L IS II last year, so he is a guy that’s in the loop.
This is from Dan Carr’s blog.
You can also see the new EF 400 f/2.8L II with a new style hardcase and lens cap.
1D Mark V Featureset Rumors
I received an email today outlining additional features of the upcoming 1D Mark V. Please note I do not yet have a [CR3] confirmation of a 1D Mark V being announced in August.
- The 1D Mark V will have “built-in cropping”. You will be able to choose between full frame (32.4 mp), APS-H (27 mp) and APS-C (21 mp).
- You can buy additional focusing screens to emulate cropping.
- The fps are linked to the cropping factor. You can get 8.4 fps with APS-C and only 3.1 fps with full frame.
- sRAW1 and sRAW2 is possible to speed up fps.
- Burst mode will give you a max of 10.1 fps depending on the image size and buffer.
- Expect some video tweaks.
- RAW video was only enabled for the engineers.
- Either a 24-70 II (no IS) or a 35 II will be announced with it.
This is a BIG [CR1], rumor stuff is starting to heat up. I am going to post stuff that has at least ideas that are plausible.