By Canon DSLR News
| March 21, 2015 |
Imaging Resource has posted sample images and first impressions of the upcoming Canon EOS 5DS R.
When compared to Nikon’s D810, the Canon shows more detail at base ISO, which is what it’s supposed to do. In the noise category, the EOS 5D Mark III has less of it, but the EOS 5DS R shames it by a fair margin in the detail department. The EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R aren’t for low light hand held shooting, but it looks like they’re proving to deliver what they’re supposed to as far as detail goes.
We’re all waiting to see what the real world dynamic range of this new 50.6mp Canon sensor is going to deliver for us.
There’s also comparisons against the Pentax 645Z and Olympus EM-5 II.
See the full write up at Imaging Resource
By Canon Cinema EOS Rumors
| March 20, 2015 |
We’re amended some information we’ve posted previously about what to expect from Canon at NAB 2015 in Las Vegas next month. Nothing below is going to change all that much, other than getting more specifications about the products.
CANON EOS C300 MARK II
This will be the star of Canon’s show. It will shoot 4K and you can also expect some minor ergonomic changes. We also think that it’s going to cost more than Sony’s FS7.
CANON EOS C500 MARK II
This is NOT going to be announced at NAB 2015. There’s always the possibility of a development announcement, but don’t expect a product you’re going to be able to purchase soon.
G4H COMPETITOR/FIXED LENS CINEMA EOS
We’ve reported previously about a fixed lens Cinema EOS style camera, as well as Canon announcing a G4H competitor. We’re now pretty certain that these are in fact the same camera. We were wondering why we hadn’t heard anything about the lens mount for a G4H style camera. As it turns out, the lens is fixed and the camera will share the same shape as the Canon EOS C100 II, just smaller. This will be a 4K product and probably geared towards drones, though we don’t now how much “smaller” it will be compared to the EOS C100 Mark II.
By Canon Rumors General
| March 19, 2015 |
I’m heading to Scotland Saturday to hang with Andy Biggs and a bunch of other landscape photography nuts for 10 days of shooting the Isles of Skye, Lewis & Harris as well as Cairngorms. This is almost the perfect time to go with the latest lenses Canon has released, especially the EF 11-24 f/4L and EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II. Do I wish an EOS 5DS R was coming with me? Absolutely!
What’s in my bag for this trip?
Why the Zeiss and the 11-24? I’ve shot the Zeiss plenty of times before and until proven otherwise, it’s the best ultra wide angle lens for Canon’s EF mount (apologies to the TS-E 17mm) that I’ve ever used. I will be using the 11-24 a lot as I work away on the review.
As I mentioned earlier, I would love to be taking an EOS 5DS R with me and I almost (GAH!) brought a D810, but the new 11-24 and 100-400 were too good to pass up, not to mention I don’t have a Zeiss 15mm f/2.8 for F mount.
I will also have the pleasure of shooting with a Leica S Type 006 kit on the trip, which should have no trouble fulfilling the desire for more resolution.
By Canon DSLR Rumors
| March 19, 2015 |
B&H Photo has updated the preorder status for the Canon EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R. They will apparently be available to preorder on Monday, March 23, 2015.
- 50.6MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
- 3.2″ 1,040K-Dot ClearView II LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- 150,000-Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- ISO 100-6400; 5.0 fps Burst Shooting
- Anti-Flicker Compensation
- User-Selectable Shutter Release Time Lag
- Dual Compact Flash and SD Media Slots
EOS 5DS $3699: Adorama | B&H | Amazon | EOS 5DS R $3899: Adorama | B&H | Amazon
By Third Party Software
| March 19, 2015 |
Camera Raw 8.8 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC. DNG Converter 8.8 is provided for all Lightroom customers and Photoshop customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6.
Supported added for the following Canon cameras.
- Canon EOS 750D (Rebel T6i, Kiss X8i) (*)
- Canon EOS 760D (Rebel T6s, Kiss 8000D) (*)
Lens profiles added for the following Canon and compatible lenses.
- Canon EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 USM
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
- TAMRON SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Bug Fixes (For Canon):
- Fixed issue with magenta highlights when processing Canon EOS 70D raw files at some ISO settings
- Fixed EXIF name for Zeiss OTUS 85mm f/1.4 (Canon and Nikon mount)
- Fixed vignette overcorrection for Zeiss Distagon T 1,4_35 ZM
- Updated lens profile to reflect firmware changes to SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM S014
- If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation
Adobe Creative Cloud Help | Read more at Adobe Live Journal