B&H is running an exciting video contest! We want our fans and customers to capture a short video of a B&H package being unboxed and then share it with their friends. And of course, enter the contest for the chance to win a Canon 5D Markll.
Capture a short video of a B&H package being unboxed and enter to win a DSLR camera or a Shoot & Share Camcorder. Keep it simple! Any video capture device welcome.
Official B&H Unboxing Contest Page
I used to think unboxing videos were kind of boring, not anymore. I’m sure a few boxes will be opened in the next week or so.
Lens Giveaway Contest!
Thanks to everyone that entered the contest. The amount of entries exceeded all expectations. Combing through them all has proven to be one of the most daunting things I have done here at Canon Rumors. Congratulations to everyone who entered. Good luck to all the finalists!
The first finalists have been posted in the forum. Astrophotography and Underwater are the first categories up. I will be adding 2 categories a day.
Day 1 Finalists (December 8)
Day 2 Finalists (December 9)
Day 3 Finalists (December 10)
Day 4 Finalists (December 11)
Day 5 Finalists (December 16)
Day 6 Finalists (December 18)
Day 7 Finalists (December 20)
Yay! Free Stuff!
I did a pre-announcement of the contest on Facebook some time ago, and today again at the Planet5D interview. So here it finally is.
The Grand Prize:
The winner may pick one of the following lenses.
The 2nd Prize
A new bag! Once again from Gura Gear.
I will be giving out random prizes to people that participate. You never know when you’re going to get a message from me giving something away.
How it works?
It’s simple, this is a photo contest. The best photograph at the end of the day will win the grand prize. The runner-up will receive the 2nd prize.
Where do I post the images?
You post the images on our forum. There are threads in the forum called “Lens Giveaway Contest”. Post to the corresponding thread for your image submission.
Link to the forum
The following categories are what your photos must fall under. We’re going to be pretty lenient on this, the categories are just a guideline.
The above links go to the corresponding forum thread.
- All images must be posted in the forum to qualify. No email or Facebook submissions will qualify.
- Images must be 700px wide on their longest axis. Larger and smaller are not permitted.
- You may enter the contest as many times in as many categories as you’d like. Remember, one entry per post.
- No commenting in any of the contest threads. They are strictly for images.
- You must use a Canon camera to make the images. I will request EXIF data of all the winners.
- The contest is worldwide, however there are countries in turmoil I will not ship to. I.E Iraq, Central Africa Republic, those sort of places.
- The contest runs from now until November 15, 2011.
- Only post in the boards that are prefixed with *Contest*
- You may watermark your images, but the watermark must be in the corners and not the center of the image.
- You may give a brief description of your photograph.
- No nudity or pornography. If you have an image that you’re not sure whether it’s appropriate, please email me.
- If you can’t figure out a category to post your image in, please email me.
- I will select the best 10 images from each category after the November 15, 2011 end date. Then a panel of judges will select the best in each category and present them, then the same panel will select the overall winner.
Terms & Conditions
- There is no age restriction
- You retain full ownership of your images. They’re yours, not mine.
The above rules will probably evolve and be added to over the next little while, so please keep checking back.
You may discuss the contest on a thread dedicated to it. It can be read here.
I have notified the winners of the Blue Crane DVD giveaway via the private message service on the forums.
The Bad News
Some folks guessed the right answer, but didn’t specify which video they wanted to receive. This disqualified the entry. It was important to me that people received videos they wanted. Sorry for that, but it was specified in the contest rules.
The Winning Answer
I asked you to rank 4 specific cameras in order of importance according to me!
- 5D Mark II
- 300D / Digital Rebel
- 1D Mark IV
I used to rank the 300D/Digital Rebel #1, but I think the 5D Mark II has really done more to change and advance digital SLRs. I understand most of that is to do with video, but a lot of people also bought this camera because of the amazing files that come from this full frame beauty. We all wish it had the 7D AF in it, but that’s what Mark IIIs are for!
You’re all winners!
Blue Crane Digital is offering 15% to Canon Rumors readers. Just use the coupon code “canonrumors” without the quotes during checkout. The coupon code is valid until March 31, 2011.
More giveaways soon!
The contest is now closed, winners will be notified on Monday!
Thanks to all who entered.
The folks at Blue Crane digital have teamed up with Canon Rumors for a giveaway.
There are 4 videos available. Keep in mind these are NTSC. I will ship worldwide, but I have no PAL or SECAM versions available.