By Canon Accessories
| May 10, 2018 |
B&H Photo has stock of the brand new Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI.
- Auto Intelligent Bounce Head
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II
- Guide Number: 154′ at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom Range: 24-105mm (14mm with Panel)
- Tilts Upward 120°, +/- 180° Rotation
- AI.B Full-Auto and AI.B Semi-Auto Modes
- Optical Receiver Mode
- LCD Panel
- AF Assist Beam
- Runs on 4x AA Batteries
Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI $399
By Canon PowerShot
| May 9, 2018 |
We’ve been sent what is the first Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III specification breakdown that we’ve seen. We expect to see this camera announced some time in 2018 and Photokina is the obvious time to do it, thought we cannot confirm that’s when it’s coming.
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Rumoured Specifications:
- 24.1mp 1″ CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8
- 24-100mm f/1.8-f/2.8 Lens (4.2x Optical Zoom)
- 3″ Articulating Touchscreen
- 4K Video at 30fps
- 1080p Video at 60fps
- Built in Wi-Fi, NFC & GPS
- Announcement: 2018
- No mention about DPAF for 4K video.
If you check out our Buyer’s Guide, you can see that both the PowerShot G3 X and PowerShot G5 X have been around longer than the PowerShot G7 X Mark II, so we’re not sure what is going on with those two models. We’ve been told that only one “G” series camera is scheduled to be coming in 2018, and we continuously see suggestions that the PowerShot G7 X Mark II will be the next “G” series camera to see a replacement.
The PowerShot G9 X Mark III would likely come in early 2019 ahead of CP+.
By Canon Firmware
| May 8, 2018 |
Canon has released new firmware for the EF 200-400mm f/4L IS 1.4x.
Changes in firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is incorporated with the following correction.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which the subject may not be in focus on some occasions when using this lens with some camera models (*) and performing AF shooting from approximately 3m.
* Some camera models:
EOS-1D X, Mark II, EOS-1D X, EOS-1D C, EOS 5Ds, EOS 5Ds R, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS 5D Mark III
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for lenses with Firmware Version 1.0.0. If the lens’ firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Download firmware v1.1.0 for the Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS 1.4x
By Industry News
| May 8, 2018 |
The long awaited DJI Phantom 4 v2.0 is now official and available for purchase from DJI. The new drone is already in stock and available for purchase.
About the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0:
The new Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 features an OcuSync HD transmission system, which supports automatic dual-frequency band swiping and connects to DJI Goggles wirelessly. Like the Phantom 4 Pro and Advanced, the Phantom Pro v.20 is equipped with a 1-inch 20mp sensor capable of shooting 4K/60fps video and Burst Mode stills at 14fps. Plus, its FlightAutonomy system includes dual rear vision sensors and infrared sensing systems for a total of 5 directions of obstacle sensing and 4 directions of obstacle avoidance.
Camera with 1” 20mp Sensor:
The onboard camera hs been redesigned to us a 1” 20mp CMOS sensor. A custom engineered lens made up of eight elements is arranged in seven groups, it is the first DJO camera to use a mechanical shutter, eliminating rolling shutter distortion which can occur when taking images of fast moving subjects or when flying at high speed. In effect, it is as powerful as many traditional ground cameras. More powerful video processing supports H.246 4K videos at 60fps or H.265 4K at 30fps, both with a 100mpbs bitrate. Advanced sensors and processors ensure everything is captured with more image detail and the image data needed for advanced post-production.
By Third Party Lenses
| May 8, 2018 |
The Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art series lens which was announced ahead of CP+ in February of this year will finally be available for preorder on Friday, May 11, 2018. Pricing for the new lens will likely have to wait until the preorders open up.
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Two FLD Elements, Two SLD Elements
- Low Dispersion and Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- 1:1 Magnification, 10.2″ Min. Focus
- Coreless DC AF Motor, Manual Override
- Weather-Sealed, Brass Bayonet Mount
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
Preorder the Sigma 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art Starting May 11, 2018.