Firmware Version 1.3.5 incorporates the following improvements.
Fixes a phenomenon in which the line-level audio input function of some EOS-1D C cameras does not operate as expected with Firmware Version 1.3.4.
The phenomena described above will occur in cameras running Firmware Version 1.3.4 whose sixth digit from the left of the serial number is “1”, “2”, “3”. Examples of affected serial numbers are: “xxxxx1xxxxxx”, “xxxxx2xxxxxx”, “xxxxx3xxxxxx”.
Canon USA will perform Factory Updates on the EOS-1D C free of charge. Shipping and handling charges may apply. Please contact the Canon Customer Support Center for details.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
If you have not already done so, please register your Canon EOS-1D C Cinema EOS Camera. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
Contact Information for Inquiries
Canon Customer Support Center
Phone: 1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free), 1-855-246-3367
Canon EOS-1D C $9999 (Reg $11999) at B&H Photo
Canon Announces New Firmware Updates for Cinema Cameras and Camcorders Along with Optional Cinema EOS C300 Camera Dual Pixel AF Upgrade
Announcements Include a New Canon RC-V100 Remote Control and Firmware Updates for Peripheral Illumination Correction Support and Continuous Recording for EOS C100 Video Camera
MELVILLE, N.Y., February 24, 2014 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has announced a variety of performance updates for cameras in its Cinema EOS and XF professional camcorder line. Announced today is a new optional feature upgrade for the EOS C300 Cinema camera which will support Canon’s innovative Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus (AF) technology and enable continuous autofocusing with the entire line of Canon EF lenses and optimized for Canon’s stepping motor (STM) line of lenses when used with the EOS C300 camera. This optional feature upgrade is expected to be available in May 2014 for a cost of $500.00 and will require the EOS C300 camera body to be shipped to an authorized Canon service center for installation.
In addition to the optional feature upgrade for the EOS C300 camera, Canon has also announced the new RC-V100 remote control for Cinema EOS cameras and the XF Series professional HD camcorders; a firmware update that allows for Peripheral Illumination Correction when using the Canon CN-E35mm T1.5 L F Cinema prime lens or the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens with the EOS C500, EOS C300, or EOS C100 cameras and a Continuous Recording function for the EOS C100 Digital Video Camera to help ensure capture of crucial shots in unpredictable situations, such as wedding/event videography, documentary, news, or wildlife production.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS Rebel T5i/700D.
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera displays Err01 or Err60, or in rare instances will lock-up when in Live View shooting mode (or Movie shooting mode) when attached to the following STM zoom lenses: EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM.
- Corrects some Korean language misspellings displayed on the menu screen.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera.
- Auto focusing performance under low-light conditions has been enhanced when performing focusing before shooting in AI Servo AF mode. The enhancement comes from the improvement in tracking capability for the first image in the low-light conditions.
- The number of release parameters settings for the “AI Servo AF 2nd image priority” AF function has been increased to enable improved AF tracking in low light or maintain consistent high frames rates during continuous shooting.
- The number of parameters for acceleration/deceleration tracking in the AF Configuration Tool will has been increased.
- Exposure compensation can be performed when using manual exposure and ISO Auto.
- The minimum shutter speed limit for ISO Auto has been increased with shutter speeds up to 1/8000.
- A new function to keep the exposure constant by altering the ISO or shutter speed in manual exposure, when the aperture value changes when zooming or changing lenses has been added.
- A new option has been added to orientation linked AF point to enable only the AF point to switch as you change orientation rather than both AF point/ AF area settings
- A new option to continue to use the previously manually selected AF point as the initial starting AF point when switching to 61-point automatic selection has been added.
- New customization of the Exposure metering and AF controls has been added for more flexibility.
- The number of possibilities for controls to switch between one-shot AF and AI Servo AF using custom controls has been increased.
- A function has been added to allow the playback and review of protected images only.
- A phenomenon has been fixed in which the white balance may be disturbed by the timing of the shutter release when the drive mode is single shooting and a flash (E-TTL)is used.
Firmware Version 2.0.3 is for cameras with firmware Version 1.2.4 or earlier. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 2.0.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- Once the EOS-1D X camera is updated to Version 2.0.3, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.2 through 1.2.4).
- It is recommended that the latest application software be used, once the EOS-1D X is updated to the new Firmware Version 2.0.3 from older firmware (Versions 1.0.2 through 1.2.4). Certain previous versions of these applications do not support functions which are added by the new firmware. You can download the latest application software from our Web site.
- Accompanying the enhancements to the functions, the instruction manual has also been revised. Users are asked to download both the latest firmware and the instruction manual. You can download the latest instruction manual from our Web site.
Download Firmware Version 2.0.3 for the EOS 1DX
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS C500/C500 PL Cinema EOS Cameras.
EOS C500 Cinema EOS Camera & EOS C500PL Cinema EOS Camera
- When using the Magnify focus assist function, the ability to move the magnified viewing area around the LCD has been added.
- Maximum ISO setting has been increased to ISO 80,000.
- Cinema Gamut mode and DCI-P3+ mode have been added to provide expanded color gamut options in RAW capture.
- 4096×1080-pixel RAW format resolution has been added.
- A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
- Using the optional Canon WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter, the camera’s remote-control application allows up to two users to access the same unit via a Wi-Fi link providing simultaneous and independent control of camera operation and metadata input.
- Canon Log LUT support has been made possible for HD/SD SDI terminal output.
- ACESproxy output from monitor terminal has been added.
- [ND]/[ND-] have been added as functions that can be allocated to any assignable button.
EOS C500 Digital Cinema Camera only
- Ability to assign the two control dials (body and grip) to operate either Iris or ISO sensitivity independently has been added.
- Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven (7) Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and eleven (11) Canon EF Lenses.
Cinema lenses (EF-mount) and Canon EF Lenses which benefit from the new firmware update:
The seven (7) supported Canon Cinema Lenses (EF-mount) are:
- CN-E15.5-47mm T2.8 L S
- CN-E30-105mm T2.8 L S
- CN-E14mm T3.1 L F
- CN-E24mm T1.5 L F
- CN-E50mm T1.3 L F
- CN-E85mm T1.3 L F
- CN-E135mm T2.2 L F
Please note this firmware version does not include the CN-E35mm T1.5 L F.
The eleven (11) supported Canon EF Lenses are:
- EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF500mm f/4L IS II USM
- EF600mm f/4L IS II USM
- EF28mm f/2.8 IS USM
- EF24mm f/2.8 IS USM
- EF40mm f/2.8 STM
- EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM
- EF35mm f/2 IS USM
- EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 is for Cinema EOS C500 and EOS C500 PL cameras with Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 through 126.96.36.199. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 188.8.131.52.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Download Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 for EOS C500.
Download Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 for EOS C500 PL.
The Instruction Manual provides more information on the new features and benefits available in this firmware update.
Download the new version of the Instruction Manual for the EOS C500.
Download the new version of the Instruction Manual for the EOS C500 PL.