Just a quick post
I received an email about a new consumer DSLR being tested.
A couple of features that were mentioned.
- Movie focused
- Swivel LCD
- Between the T2i & 7D
- A smaller form factor than the 50D, but not by much.
- The announcement is coming in July
From the same source
A new flash and 1Ds Mark IV will be announced near the end of August/Early September.
5D Mark III in 2011
Vincent Laforet on a recent webcast alluded to the next incarnation of the 5D coming “next year”.
He also mentioned Canon is committed to improving the mini HDMI connector on the cameras.
It’s rare to hear any of the sponsored photographers mention future products.
A brief comment I received said Canon is readying to replace the 580EX II with a new unit. This will not be an addition to the flash lineup. There will be some new technology built into the flash as well.
PowerShot SX20 Replacement
The SX20 replacement will take a bit of a departure from the SX10 & SX20. Expect a new lens setup, design and image sensor technololgy.
The source also says expect the SX20 to be the last superzoom from Canon that uses AA batteries. I know that will NOT be music to the ears of a lot of people. It seems to be a 50/50 split for LiIon vs AA with the camera line.
New Waterproof Camera
Expect a new waterproof camera to be announced with the 60D in the coming month. I’ve also been told there could be a waterproof camcorder.
About time someone spoke up
A CR regular has piped up about the massive announcement of new gear coming from Canon.
I’m told to expect 2 separate announcements, one for the prosumer market and one for the pro market.
- 60D Type of camera, it could be called something else.
- The EF-S 60mm Macro will receive IS.
- There is a “murmur” that a new 70-300 type of lens could also be announced.
- This will be the first announcement.
- The 1Ds Mark IV will be announced
- EF 24-70 f/2.8L IS will be announced
- A new f/4 wide angle with IS
- A new L prime, unknown as to which will get replaced. The 35mm isn’t a guarantee.
- A new Flash
- New accessories
- This will be the 2nd announcement and the big news for Photokina
The source says amendments could be made over the next few weeks, so keep checking back.