It’s time for our 4th Annual Black Friday Sale. This year, we are getting the party started early, 10 AM CT on Wednesday. You can get 25% off any rental placed at Lensrentals.com during the sale.
At our sister site, LensAuthority.com, we’ll be giving you 10% off all used equipment. We also have some great doorbusters. And this year, we listened to you, and will be offering at least 6 copies of each doorbuster for sale, increasing your chances of being able to snag one.
To get your 25% off rentals at Lensrentals.com or to get 10% off your used gear purchases at LensAuthority.com, simply use the promo code: BLACKFRIDAY
Used Gear Sale Details
- All used gear purchases take place on our sister site, LensAuthority.com
- Sale begins at 10:00 AM CT on Wednesday, November 27th and ends at 11:59 PM CT on December 2nd.
- New items will be added during the sale, so if you don’t see what you want, check back. Even better, send us an email about what you are looking for and we may be able to post a copy just for you.
- Must use promo code BLACKFRIDAY to receive the 10% discount
- Doorbusters are priced as listed, and not eligible for the 10% discount
- Doorbusters will be posted at 10:00 AM CT on Wednesday. At least 6 copies of each doorbuster will be available
Rental Discount Details
- Discount begins at 10:00 AM CT on Wednesday, November 27th and ends at 11:59 PM CT on December 2nd.
- Orders must be placed during the sale period to be eligible to receive the discount
- Orders can be placed for any arrival date, as long as you actually place the order during the sale. Feel free to reserve the gear you’ll need in 2014 now, and take advantage of this deal.
- Must use promo code BLACKFRIDAY to receive the 25% discount
- Limit – 2 unique rentals per person
We’re so excited to announce the launch of our new company, Lens Authority! www.lensauthority.com
At Lensrentals.com, we strive to always have the newest and highest quality inventory in the business. That means we constantly have awesome gear that we need to circulate out of our stock and sell. We established Lensauthority.com to be the exclusive seller of all of Lensrentals’ used rental gear, with the same great service you’ve come to expect from us!
So check out the new site and let us know what you think! Also, if you want to stay in the loop and be the first to know when items become available, feel free to follow @lensauthority on Twitter or Instagram!
LensRentals.com has introduced a program called LensRentals HD.
For a yearly fee of $79, you will get free standard shipping on all your orders for one full year. If you rent a lot, this is going to save you a lot of money. The program also qualifies you for 50% off overnight shipping via Fedex.
At only $79 a year, LensRentals HD makes sense for everyone. Only rent a few small orders per year? You’ll still save money with LensRentals HD. You only expect to place a single large order this year? You’ll still save. You rent all the time? You’ll save even more.
Visit LensRentals.com to learn more
Lens Rentals in the US is running a contest to win one of either a Canon EOS 6D, Nikon D600, Sony NEX-7 or Olympus OM-D. Just sign up for the contest below, and take advantage of the options to enter more than once.
The really good news on this one? It’s not USA only, no matter where you are on earth, you can enter. The contest runs until April 15, 2013.
Visit the Contest Page to Enter
Via Lens Rentals
Roger Cicala from LensRentals.com has posted his first resolution tests of the Canon EF 24-70 f/4L IS.
He has compared it with the EF 24-70 f/2.8L version 1 and 2, the EF 24-105 f/4L IS as well as the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8VC. All of which will probably get your consideration in a very crowded focal range.
At 24mm, the EF 24-70 f/4L IS is the second best performing lens behind the EF 24-70 f/2.8L II. Mind you, the results are all pretty close. It does look like Canon’s MTF chart of the lens holds up against the others.
EF 24-70 f/4L IS at 24mm Resolution Comparison Chart
At 70mm, none of the lenses are as sharp as they are at 24mm. However, the EF 24-70 f/4L IS is again the 2nd best performing lens by a small amount.
EF 24-70 f/4L IS at 70mm Resolution Comparison Chart
Part of Roger’s Conclusion
“Obviously this hasn’t told us a thing about autofocus accuracy, bokeh, or a dozen other things that have to be considered when choosing a lens. Just like you, I’ll be waiting for more complete reviews to tell us about that.
On the basis of this information, though, I’m . . . well, I don’t know what I am. This is a good lens, but I at the price point I’d probably prefer the f/2.8 of the Tamron VC to the new Canon’s f/4. The macro feature is nice and will certainly pull some people towards the Canon.”
Roger also notes that there was quite a bit of variation at 70mm between the 22 copies they tested.
Read the entire article | Canon EF 24-70 f/4L IS at B&H Photo $1499