We are hard at work on the next major release of Lightroom, and wanted to share some information on operating system requirements in order to give everyone time to prepare for the release.
In order to leverage the latest operating system features and technologies, Lightroom 6 will require Mac OS X 10.8 or above, or a 64 bit version of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. Focusing our work on more modern operating systems and architectures allows us to spend more time adding functionality requested by users, including additional advanced imaging features and improving general application performance.
If you are on Mac OS X 10.7, or a 32 bit version of Windows, you will continue to be able to install and run Lightroom 5 and use Lightroom mobile. However, you will not be able to install Lightroom 6 until you upgrade to a supported operating system.
If you are currently running Mac OS X 10.7, Apple offers a free upgrade (here) to a more current operating system. For Windows users, Microsoft has a how-to reference (here) to help you determine whether you are running a 32 or 64 bit version of Windows.
Source: [Lightroom Journal] via [TDP]
Lightroom 5.7.1 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com. The goal of this release is to provide support for additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.7.1
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.7.1
||Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
||Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM
||Tokina AT-X 12-28 F4 PRO DX
||Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZM
||Tokina AT-X 12-28 F4 PRO DX
||Tokina AT-X 70-200mm F4 PRO FX VCM-S
||Tokina AT-X 166 PRO DX II 11-16 F2.8
- Fixed issues with chromatic aberration specific to the Samsung NX1.
Mac – http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5856
Win – http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5857
Lightroom 5.7 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5. The goal of this release is to provide support for additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
Updates to Synced Collections:
- Synced collections now show a more prominent share button at the top of the Toolbar. This allows you to quickly share your synced collection with friends, family, and clients using Lightroom web (http://lightroom.adobe.com).
- Comments and likes left on Lightroom web now sync to the Lightroom desktop catalog. Comments and Likes will be shown in the “Comment” panel for synced collections.
- Images with comments and likes will display a badge indicating that there are comments and a colored badge to indicate that there are unread comments.
Integrated a utility to import images from Apple Aperture and Apple iPhoto libraries into Lightroom:
- Previously available as a separate and downloadable plug-in, this utility has now been integrated into Lightroom 5.7
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.7
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- Canon PowerShot G7 X
- Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
Adobe has released Lightroom 5.6 which includes the usual bug fixes and new lens and camera profiles.
Lightroom 5.6 Release Notes
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.6
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.6
Please note – the profile for the newly added Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is not automatically located when applying lens profile corrections. This is a bug and we will fix it in a future release. The workaround is to:
- Manually select the profile and choose “Save New Lens Profile Defaults” in the Setup menu on the Profile tab. From then on, the lens should automatically select when the profile is enabled.
The Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 4.1 update includes these enhancements:
- The ability to process HDR TIFF files. (16, 24 or 32-bit TIFF files)
- Additional Color Fringing corrections to help address chromatic aberration.
- Save photobooks created in the Book Module to JPEG
- Publishing photos to Adobe Revel is now accessible via a Publish plugin
- Additional camera support for several new cameras including the Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Fujifilm X-Pro1, Nikon D800, and Olympus OM-D E-M5.
- Corrections for issues introduced in previous versions of Lightroom.
Download: PC | Mac
Camera Raw 7.1 Update
This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original Camera Raw plug-in that was installed with Adobe® Creative Suite® 6, Adobe Photoshop® CS6.
Support for the following cameras has been added in this update. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras.
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EOS 60Da
- Canon PowerShot G1 X
- Canon PowerShot S100V
Download: PC | Mac