Lightroom 5.7 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5. The goal of this release is to provide support for additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
Updates to Synced Collections:
- Synced collections now show a more prominent share button at the top of the Toolbar. This allows you to quickly share your synced collection with friends, family, and clients using Lightroom web (http://lightroom.adobe.com).
- Comments and likes left on Lightroom web now sync to the Lightroom desktop catalog. Comments and Likes will be shown in the “Comment” panel for synced collections.
- Images with comments and likes will display a badge indicating that there are comments and a colored badge to indicate that there are unread comments.
Integrated a utility to import images from Apple Aperture and Apple iPhoto libraries into Lightroom:
- Previously available as a separate and downloadable plug-in, this utility has now been integrated into Lightroom 5.7
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.7
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II
- Canon PowerShot G7 X
- Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.7
||Zeiss Otus 1.4/85 ZE
||SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
||SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM S014
||Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.7
- The crop overlay displayed an intermediate step when progressing through images in the filmstrip with overlay displayed.
- The lens profile for the Canon EF 16-35mm f/4 would not auto-select when using Lens Profile Corrections.
- ICC profiles resulted in incorrectly clipped shadows and blacks in Lightroom. Note that this is related to the issue identified here and only occurs on Mac OSX 10.9 and later
- Fixed crash when rapidly adding corrections with the Spot Removal tool.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Filter Brush cursor from displaying while changing brush size when the Graduated and Radial Filter overlay is turned off.
- Improved quality of Camera Matching color profiles for the Nikon D810. Fixes visible banding issues with the Camera Standard, Camera Vivid, Camera Landscape, and Camera Monochrome profiles.
- Context menu (right click on PC or control+click on Mac) was disabled for images contained in Lightroom mobile collections.
- Fixed issue that prevented Lightroom 5 from reading Photoshop Elements 13 libraries.
- Cover images set by Lightroom mobile were sometimes incorrectly reset by Lightroom desktop.
- Sync with Lightroom mobile sometimes stalled when asset is added to same album on both LrM and LrD and later deleted
- Resolved issue that caused Lightroom to crash when creating a Print and saving it to a mounted DVD directly inside Lightroom.
- Publishing images to Behance using the Behance Publish Service has been restored.
Mac – http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5852
Win – http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5853
Adobe has released Lightroom 5.6 which includes the usual bug fixes and new lens and camera profiles.
Lightroom 5.6 Release Notes
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.6
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.6
Please note – the profile for the newly added Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is not automatically located when applying lens profile corrections. This is a bug and we will fix it in a future release. The workaround is to:
- Manually select the profile and choose “Save New Lens Profile Defaults” in the Setup menu on the Profile tab. From then on, the lens should automatically select when the profile is enabled.
||Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
||Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
||Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E
||Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM
||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5 – 5.6
||Tamon 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010N
||Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013
|Phase One A/S
||Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6
||Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013
||Sony 28mm f/2.8
||Sony 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye
||Sony 100mm f/2.8 MACRO
||Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6
||Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
||Sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3
||Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G
||Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM
||Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM
||Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II
||Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF
||Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II
||Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.6
- Collections with a custom sort order would sometimes not properly sync with Lightroom mobile.
- Updated the “Adobe Standard” color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers who used Camera Raw 8.6 or DNG Converter 8.6 to convert NEF raw files from the D810 to DNG
- Star ratings set in Lightroom mobile did not properly sync to Lightroom desktop. Please note that this only occurred on images that were added to Lightroom mobile from the camera roll
- Resolved the issues causing the persistent “Syncing … images” state that some of our customers have reported.”
- Star ratings would sometimes not sync from Lightroom desktop to Lightroom mobile. Please note that this only occurred when attempting to sync a Collection that contained more than 100 photos that already contained star ratings.
- Added information to the “System Info” dialogue to help designate if the customer installed Lightroom from the Creative Cloud.
- Unable to open sRaw files from the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacted customers that converted D810 sRaw files to DNG in either Camera Raw 8.6 RC or DNG Converter 8.6 RC.
- Images with invalid GPS coordinates would not properly sync with Lightroom mobile
- Lightroom occasionally crashed when changing image selection on Windows. Please note that this only occurred on the Windows platform.
- JPEG files exported from Lightroom would not open or be available to edit within Canon Digital Photo Professional application software.
- Lightroom would run in reduced functionality mode when it should not.
Adobe Lightroom 5.6 Update: Macintosh | Windows
The Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 4.1 update includes these enhancements:
- The ability to process HDR TIFF files. (16, 24 or 32-bit TIFF files)
- Additional Color Fringing corrections to help address chromatic aberration.
- Save photobooks created in the Book Module to JPEG
- Publishing photos to Adobe Revel is now accessible via a Publish plugin
- Additional camera support for several new cameras including the Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Fujifilm X-Pro1, Nikon D800, and Olympus OM-D E-M5.
- Corrections for issues introduced in previous versions of Lightroom.
Download: PC | Mac
Camera Raw 7.1 Update
This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original Camera Raw plug-in that was installed with Adobe® Creative Suite® 6, Adobe Photoshop® CS6.
Support for the following cameras has been added in this update. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras.
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EOS 60Da
- Canon PowerShot G1 X
- Canon PowerShot S100V
Download: PC | Mac
The 5D Mark III get support
Adobe has released Lightroom 4.1 release candidate and it now supports the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
Other bug fixes were also addressed. Expect to see a final version of Lightroom 4.1 next week.
New Camera Support
The following issues have been fixed in the Lightroom 4.1 release candidate:
- Lightroom 4 did not properly open external applications when using the “Edit In” functionality.
- Point Curve adjustments made in Lightroom 3 have been restored.
- Addressed performance issues in Lightroom 4, particularly when loading GPS track logs, using a secondary monitor, and the controls within the Develop module.
- Ability to update DNG previews and metadata for more than 100 photos has been restored.
- This update allows for improved viewing of subfolders and stacks in folders with a large number of photos.
- It was possible that a layout of a saved book could be lost after quitting Lightroom 4.