Another autofocus related patent has appeared from Canon. This time in the form of a foveon style multilayer AF sensor.
Patent Publication No. 2015-37217
- Published 2015.2.23
- Filing date 2013.8.12
- AF sensor
- In the depth direction, I comprises a first layer, the second layer, the photoelectric conversion portion of the third layer
- The second layer is for monitoring, detecting the amount of light that is received in real-time, to control the accumulation time
- The third layer in a bright environment, the dark environment so that the use of the first layer, sensitivity can be switched
- Furthermore, in a dark environment is used by adding the first and third layers
A new patent for an EF to EF-M adaptor has appeared. It looks like the new adaptor will have improved AF speed with EF lenses mounted. As many of you know, the current adaptor is pretty sluggish in that regard.
The patent makes a point of saying there will be improved performance for video and liveview. Could the video improvement be for dual pixel AF? Could this patent be related to the GH4 competitor we’ve been told would launch at NAB?
The patent details are after the break….
A patent showing an optional image stabilization unit that can be put into a lens without changing its focal length has been filed.
Patent Publication No. 2015-28555 (Google Translated)
- Published 2015.2.12
- Filing date 2013.7.30
Example 1a (master lens only)
- Focal length 392.50
- F-number 2.92
- Half angle of 3.16
- Image height 21.64
- Overall length of the lens 379.64
- BF 41.57
- Effective diameter of the front lens 135.72mm
- Lens configuration 8 groups nine
A bunch of new patents for phase-difference AF have appeared. They look to be related to mirrorless and EVF applications.
Patent Publication No. 2015-22264 (Google Translated)
- Published 2015.2.2
- Filing date 2013.7.23
- Phase difference detection method to be received by the AF sensor can be reflected incident light from the imaging lens
- The phase difference detection by the image plane phase difference AF
- The phase difference detection by external light AF sensor
Source: [EG] via [NL]
A new sensor patent from Canon has appeared and continues to add to what are sure to be new full frame sensors next year.
NL breaks down the patent…
“Patent from Canon that varies the sensitivity of pixels by positioning the photon detection zone deeper in the design.”
Source: [EG] via [NL]