Archive for: rebates
Starting July 29, 2011.
The Pixma 9000 Mark II and Pixma 9500 Mark II will receive additional rebate amounts when purchased with a Canon DSLR. Both printers have mail in rebates if bought on their own. The rebates will become official tomorrow. I hear you’re basically going to get a free A3+ printer with the purchase of any Canon DSLR.
New Printers Coming?
Yes, we’ll see new A3+ printers announced in the coming weeks. I’ve been told there will be a 12 ink solution.
Canon USA Instant Rebates
Save some cash with Canon USA instant rebates. Below are the qualifying products.
Save up to $300 on select EOS digital camera kit combinations. Purchases must be made between June 19, 2011 – September 3, 2011.
EOS 7D $1599 @ B&H (Save $100 on body)
EOS 60D $899 @ B&H (Save $100 on body)
Save up to $200 on select EOS Rebel digital camera kit combinations. Purchases must be made between June 19, 2011 – July 30, 2011. Download .pdf for complete details.
Save up to $30 on select PowerShot digital cameras. Purchases must be made between June 19, 2011 – July 9, 2011. Download .pdf for complete details.
Canon USA Lens Rebates
The following lenses are part of Canon USA’s spring rebate program. Not quite the breadth and depth of previous years.
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens – $150.00
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Lens – $100.00
- Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens – $50.00
Obviously these are just lenses they have an abundance of.
B&H Photo also dropped the price of the
EOS 60D by $150 to $849.99. Buy it here. It was a one day sale, they’re now $999 again.
News of additional lens rebates for February 20 until March 19.
- EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II $200
- EF 16-35 f/2.8L II $120
- EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS $100
- EF 24-70 f/2.8L $100
- EF 100 f/2.8L IS Macro $100
Double Rebates if purchased with select bodies. 60D, 7D, 5D II, 1D IV, 1Ds III.
Canon USA Rebates
Canon has launched some EOS HD inspired rebates. The rebate amount on the left is when purchased alone, the rebate amount on the right is when purchased with a qualifying EOSHD DSLR (1D Mark IV, 5D Mark II, 7D & 60D).
The rebates run from October 24, 2010 – January 8, 2011.
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens $50/$100
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM Lens $100/$200
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens $70/$140
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L IS USM Lens $80/$160
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II USM Lens $200/$400
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM Lens $110/$220
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8 L II USM Lens $140/$280
- Canon TS-E 17mm f/4 L Tilt-Shift Lens $150/$300
- Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Lens $30/$60
- Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L II Tilt-Shift Lens $130/$260
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens $100/$200
- Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens $30/$60
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 L II USM Lens $130/260
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro Lens $60/$120
- Canon EF 180mm f/3.5 L USM Macro Lens $90/$180
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash $25/$50
- Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash $15/$30
- Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX Flash $70/$140
Link to all rebate items
Canon USA will begin instant rebates tomorrow.
The rebates will include the 5D Mark II, flashes and the usual host of lenses.
Read More: http://www.photoprice.ca/us-rebates
New rebates from Canon USA
Save up to $200 when you purchase an EOS Rebel T2i (body or select kit combination) or up to $250 when you purchase an EOS 7D (body or select kit combination) between April 29, 2010 – June 5, 2010.
Read More (PDF): http://downloads.canon.com/
DPReview has completed their review of the Canon PowerShot S90.
Final Word – DPR
Photographers looking for a serious, pocket-friendly, compact camera haven’t had a lot to choose from, and the S90 offers the first real competition to Panasonic’s LX3, the success of which almost certainly led Canon to revive the long-running and much missed ‘S’ series. I may not have liked it when I first used it, but I soon found myself picking it up every time I went out the door.
It is, above all else, a great walkaround camera, capable of results (particularly at lower ISO settings) that most serious photographers would be more than happy with. The control system encourages photographic experimentation (unlike so many compacts, which simply make it too painful to work manually), but the automatic systems are also reliable – and intelligent – enough to give you great results if you prefer to just ‘point and shoot’. The tiny body might not make for particularly good handling, but it’s small enough to carry anywhere and the image quality it produces rarely disappoints.
Read More: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons90/
I own this camera and love it for the most part. My biggest gripe with it is the same as DPRs; the backwheel gets spun too easily.
The solution Canon?
How about a firmware update to add a back wheel lock to the “S” button on the back. I could do away with a quick access to ISO for a back wheel lock.
I have the camera set up to have aperture on the front ring and exposure comp on the back wheel for those keeping score.
Canon Canada Rebates
The Canon Canada rebates begin on April 15, 2010.
More Info: http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/03/canon-canada-rebates-3/
50D Rebates come to life
Speculate away as to what this means. The rebate program ends around when we previously posted a 60D could be announced. Sometimes this stuff is coincidence.
Both Adorama and B&H are still closed for the holidays. We should see them correct for the new rebate prices soon.
I’m still shocked Canon sells the 28-135 IS, and I always think its on the way out when it appears in rebates. I haven’t heard anything about a new 70-300 IS. I do think they’re a strange pair to put together. You may not think so. :)
- 50D Body Only: $100
- 50D w/28-135 IS: $100
- 50D w/70-300 IS: $250
- 50D w/28-135 IS & 70-300 IS: $250
Spring 2010 Rebates
We’ve received word that Canon Canada is about to start some spring rebates.
(Rebate amounts in red.)
- EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM $50.00
- EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM $50.00
- EF 50mm f/1.2L $150.00
- EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM $200.00
- EF 85mm f/1.8 USM $50.00
- EF 135mm f/2.0L USM $50.00
- EF 200mm f/2L IS USM $500.00
- EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM $300.00
- EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM $100.00
- EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM $100.00
- EF 35mm f/1.4L USM $100.00
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM $150.00
- EF 17-40mm f/4L USM $70.00
- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM $70.00
- EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM $100.00
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM $150.00
- EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM $50.00
- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM $100.00
- EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM $100.00
- EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM $150.00
- EF 28-300 f/3.5-5.6L IS USM $200.00
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM $100.00
- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM $150.00
- EF 70-200mm f/4L USM $50.00
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM $50.00
- EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM $100.00
- Speedlite 430EX II $30.00
- Speedlite 580EX II $60.00
These will be instant dealer rebates, you won’t have to mail anything in. You’ll probably have to wait a few days for prices to lower on dealer web sites.
I’m still waiting on some official documentation about this.