Adobe Lightroom 4.3 RC Update
Adobe has released Lightroom 4.3 RC & Adobe Camera RAW 7.3 and has made them available for download.
- Support for HiDPI displays within the Develop module (Lightroom only).
New Canon Camera Support
- Canon PowerShot S110
- Canon PowerShot G15
- Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
New Lens Profile Support
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Download Lightroom 4.3 RC | Download Adobe Camera RAW 7.3 RC
Adobe Lightroom 4 Full Version $119 | Adobe Lightroom 4 Upgrade $69
Adobe Lightroom 4.1 RC2
Adobe has released a new release candidate for Lightroom 4.1. It has added support for the Canon 60Da, the 5D Mark III was added in RC1.
There are various other bug fixes, most notably bugs from RC1.
- Lightroom 4 did not properly open external applications when using the “Edit In” functionality.
- Point Curve adjustments made in Lightroom 3 have been restored.
- Addressed performance issues in Lightroom 4, particularly when loading GPS track logs, using a secondary monitor, and the controls within the Develop module.
- Ability to update DNG previews and metadata for more than 100 photos has been restored.
- This update allows for improved viewing of subfolders and stacks in folders with a large number of photos.
- It was possible that a layout of a saved book could be lost after quitting Lightroom 4.
You can download RC2 from Adobe Labs.
From NAB 2011
Apple took some time to show off the next Final Cut Pro in Las Vegas. It will be dubbed Final Cut Pro X.
Below is a set of features as published by macrumors.com & a Photography Bay play by play. Links to other coverage throughout.
- Dynamically handle massive quantities of media, resolution independent playback. full color managed based on ColorSync. Grand Central Dispatch, using all cores and background rendering (via @reximilian, and @robimbs)
- Allows you to edit as you are importing, you don’t have to wait to ingest. (via robimbs)
- Background rendering is built in. No more “writing video” dialog box (via @dbax)
- Content auto analysis, meaning it can auto detect most media and when it imports can auto image stabilize. On import it can: People Detection, Shot Detection, Auto Color Balance, Audio Cleanup (via @rexmilian)
- Inline Precision Editor: click on an edit and it shows unused footage on both clips of the edit to help you trim (@rexmilian)
- the Auto Analyze will make Search Folders that know what has people in it, or CloseUps or Wide Shots.
- Tagging clips let’s you tag only specific parts of the clip to tage with keyword or favorite
- Timeline Index: list of every clip on your timeline in order and let’s you search by name or tag (via @reximilian)
- Automatically analysis audio and can sync audio with similar audio. Simple audio keyframing, tweaking the audio is much easier. Trimming clips, the Magnetic Timeline makes complicated edits easier.
- Instant render in the background all the time, does not at all effect editing. (@robimbs)
- Built in color matching. Match clip colors from two different cams very fast. That got BIG applause. (@comebackshane)
- Automatic audio clean up on the way. Options to rid hum, rumble, etc. on the way in. Range-based keywording. You can select ranges inside your clip and apply keywords to those ranges instead of just keywording the clip. No subclipping necessary. Smart collections: Categorizes things like media types (audio, stills), how many people are in shots and how those shots are framed. Smart collections looks very iMovie-ish. (via PhotographyBay)
- Clip Connections: Audio and Video and be locked together and be one clip on a timeline (no longer a V1 and A1 A2 track). Can lock audio clips with specific video clip, so if moved on timeline they stay synched (via @reximilian)
- “Compound Clips”: collapse chunks of media into a single clip on the timeline. How nesting always should have worked. (via @fcpsupermeet).
- Shipping in June on App Store. $299.
- No mention of Final Cut Studio or Final Cut Express.
Adobe has updated both Camera Raw and Lightroom.
Some details include:
• Additional camera support for several new camera models including the Canon EOS 550D, Panasonic G2 and Sony A450
• Includes several corrections for issues introduced by previous Lightroom 2 releases
Launch Lightroom and run the update or visit the site directly to download.
Camera RAW was also updated and is available with Lightroom 2.7 below.
Adobe has also updated the DNG converter.