From the Richard Curtis Blog at Adobe:
There is a new free iPad app in the Apple App Store based on the Adobe Digital Publishing platform. This great app has been created by Canon and goes in the whole Canon camera eco-system. It’s got a wealth of content and interactivity, including which lenses to use for what style of photography (Macro, Wedding, Portrait, Food and many more), tips and techniques when using the Canon EOS system, but also interviews with leading Canon Ambassadors and Explorers. The app is available here in the Apple App store, and is available in EMEA only.
Adobe Photoshop CC subscribers received an update when they turned on their computers this morning. Along with the regular list of bug fixes and tweaking of existing features, the Photoshop team added the following new features:
- 3D Printing integration
- Linked Smart Objects
- Perspective Warp
The last being the notable addition for photographers. Adobe has a short video on correcting images using the Perspective Warp tool along with all the other new features.
Adobe has also extended it’s $9.99 “Photographers” package which gives users Lightroom and Photoshop until February 28th, 2014. Who knows if this will be the last extension like this.
Source [Adobe] via [FS]
Adobe Lightroom 4.3 RC Update
Adobe has released Lightroom 4.3 RC & Adobe Camera RAW 7.3 and has made them available for download.
- Support for HiDPI displays within the Develop module (Lightroom only).
New Canon Camera Support
- Canon PowerShot S110
- Canon PowerShot G15
- Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
New Lens Profile Support
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Download Lightroom 4.3 RC | Download Adobe Camera RAW 7.3 RC
Adobe Lightroom 4 Full Version $119 | Adobe Lightroom 4 Upgrade $69
Adobe Lightroom 4.1 RC2
Adobe has released a new release candidate for Lightroom 4.1. It has added support for the Canon 60Da, the 5D Mark III was added in RC1.
There are various other bug fixes, most notably bugs from RC1.
- Lightroom 4 did not properly open external applications when using the “Edit In” functionality.
- Point Curve adjustments made in Lightroom 3 have been restored.
- Addressed performance issues in Lightroom 4, particularly when loading GPS track logs, using a secondary monitor, and the controls within the Develop module.
- Ability to update DNG previews and metadata for more than 100 photos has been restored.
- This update allows for improved viewing of subfolders and stacks in folders with a large number of photos.
- It was possible that a layout of a saved book could be lost after quitting Lightroom 4.
You can download RC2 from Adobe Labs.