TOKYO, April 19, 2017—Two Canon cameras and one Canon lens have been recognized with “Best Photo and Imaging Product” awards by the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA), representing 30 photo and imaging magazines from 15 countries across five continents. The three award winners are: the EOS 5D Mark IV digital SLR (DSLR) camera for advanced-amateur users, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM standard zoom lens for advanced-amateur users and the XC15 professional 4K video camcorder. These Canon products were highly rated for meeting the diverse still shooting and video production needs of professional and advanced-amateur users.
It looks like the lens is a T4.4 and not a T2.8 like previously reported.
We reported that a cinema zoom lens was coming from Canon for NAB, and it looks like it’s going to be a CN-E 70-200mm t/4.4 lens.
We’re also expecting new firmware for the EOS 5D Mark IV to be announced this week alongside the new CN-E lens.
More to come…
The calm before the storm?
Canon has released firmware version 1.0.4 for the EOS 5D Mark IV.
Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a red-colored area may appear at the bottom-center of a captured image when shooting in bulb mode or during a long exposure.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the autofocus may not respond when the autofocus is initiated via pressing the shutter button, the AF-ON button or the AE lock button when configured in the custom control menu.
- Enhances the reliability of communications between the camera and SD card.
- Fixes incorrect wording on the Finnish language menu screen.
The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
Today, we also released versions of Lr for iOS and Android that provide updated camera support. Check them out here.
New Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.10 / 6.10
- Canon EOS M6
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel T7i (EOS 800D, EOS Kiss X9i)
- Canon EOS 77D (EOS 9000D)
- Pentax KP
The-Digital-Picture has completed their review of the brand new Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2.
While I take camera and lens marketing statements with a grain of salt, Tamron in this case delivered on the “… enhanced optical performance, improved VC (Vibration Compensation), faster AF speed and accuracy, and shortened MOD (Minimum Object Distance) …” promise. The Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens design is both visually attractive and functionally very nice. This lens delivers accurate autofocusing and remarkable image quality for an ideal combination that translates to dependably great results. The low price will seal the deal for many. Read the full review