Tamron 150-600 f/5-6.3 VC
The Tamron 150-600 f/5-6.3 VC lens will be available in the USA on January 17, 2014. Pricing hasn’t yet been confirmed, however we have heard it would be under $1100.
Tamron Press Release
December 13, 2013, Commack, N.Y. – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of precision optics, has announced the release of an innovative ultra-telephoto zoom lens with a focal length range of 150mm to 600mm for full-frame and APS-C format DSLR cameras. The SP 150-600mm Di VC USD lens will be available in the USA on January 17, 2014.
Tamron’s current 200-500mm (Model A08) is a popular, compact, easy-to-use ultra-telephoto zoom lens, but customers have shown great interest in having a lens that provides an even greater focal length range
Tamron announces the development of a revolutionary new 150-600mm Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens for full-frame and APS-C format DSLR cameras
November 7, 2013, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of precision optics, has announced the development of an innovative ultra-telephoto zoom lens with a focal length range of 150mm to 600mm for full-frame and APS-C format DSLR cameras. The lens sample will be on display in showcase at the Tamron booth at the Salon de la Photo 2013 which will be held from November 7 to 11 in Paris, France.
Tamron’s previously announced 200-500mm (Model A08), still currently available, is a popular, compact, easy-to-use ultra-telephoto zoom lens, but customers have shown great interest in having a lens that provide an even greater focal length range.
This all-new ultra-telephoto zoom lens features VC ( Vibration Compensation)*² image stabilization, speedy, precise USD ( Ultrasonic Silent Drive)*³, state-of-the-art eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating*1, which significantly reduces the unwanted light reflections that cause flare and ghosting, and, in addition a sophisticated and stylish new external finish.
Its 4x ultra-telephoto zoom capabilities, with a focal length range from 150mm to 600mm, enhance the creative potential of telephoto photography, a captivating feature for all photographers, particularly nature, wildlife, and sports shooters.
SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A011)
A new Supertelephoto Zoom?
This is definitely a lens that Tamron would make. If you need length and you’re on a budget, this could be a one of a kind option if and when it comes to market.
Patent Publication No. 2012-208434
- Release Date 2012.10.25
- Filing date 2011.3.30
- Focal length f = 152.3068-582.0002mm
- FNo. = 5.12-6.45
- 2ω = 16.30-4.23 ° angle of view
- 18 sheets 13 groups lens configuration
- 5-group configuration of positive and negative positive negative
- Inner Focus (the fourth group focus group)
- Stabilizer (front group of the fifth group of anti-vibration group)
- Reduce the size of the group of anti-vibration and focus group
- To shorten the focal length of the front group of the fifth group, reduce the amount of movement of the time the anti-vibration
- Joining the front group lens and the fifth group, when the spherical aberration correction of the anti-vibration, axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification