A few things
A few places around the web are talking about an April timeframe at the earliest for the 1D replacement. A few people I spoke to said June is a possibility for an announcement with a fall launch. I still think an announcement in and around September. There will then be a good supply by the time the Vancouver 2010 games start in February.
A few things I've received in random emails about possible features of the 1Dx.
– Sport mode. Which will basically be an sRaw file at a very fast framerate.
– The camera will be full frame and anywhere between 15-21mp. No consensus on this.
– Internal memory. I don't think this will ever happen.
– AF Mode in movies. 24P mode as well. I can see various modes coming for the video feature, I'm not sure what AF in movie mode would require to be useful.
– Full color top display, perhaps OLED. Why not?
I get constant emails about lenses. This is the info I currently have. It's not much.
– 35 f/1.4L II is coming, but not until the fall 2009. A few people are talking PMA for this lens.
– 24-70 f/2.8L II IS is in the upgrade cycle, no word on when it's coming to market.
– A new 200 f/2.8L IS Macro. Adding IS to a consumer macro would be dumb if it'll raise the price $250, I don't get why Nikon did it. The L however, there would be a market for that.
– The Tilt Shift lenses will get an update in two parts over the next 24 months.
With the economics of the planet right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see Canon target niche lenses for introduction this year, and holding off on the consumer/prosumer products until 2010.
Discuss and keep the info coming.
T-shirts should be shipped out to the winners on Monday. Hopefully they'll get to you before Christmas day.
Pingback: Spotfotoblog - Alemarti.it » Canon 1D mark IV: indiscrezioni
is some one is deleting my posts ???
lol sorry guys i guess im used to the old design
Ha, I don’t agree with it all but nice none-the-less
the mkIII is simple actually, that’s the beauty of the camera. Its simpler to run than a mkII, the Custom functions are a little complex at first, but they are all self explanatory.