|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
I just shot a video with the 5D Mark II & 35L at f/4. Woooo!
All the Fixes & Features
1. Includes a function to enable the manual exposure setting when shooting movies.
When shooting movies in manual (M) mode, the shutter speed *1, the lens aperture value *2, and the ISO speed *3 can be freely set to allow a greater flexibility.
1 Shutter speed range: 1/30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
2 Lens aperture range: Maximum to minimum aperture value of the lens used
3 ISO speed range:
Auto: ISO 100 to 6400 set automatically
Manual: ISO 100 to 6400, H1
2. Disables the function of the depth-of-field preview button when images are played back or when the menu screen is displayed on the LCD panel.
*There are indications that images being reviewed or the menu screen may suddenly disappear from the LCD panel. As this phenomenon may be caused by accidentally pressing the depth-of-field preview button, this firmware update disables the function of the depth of field preview to address this issue.
3. Fixes a phenomenon where the peripheral illumination of images cannot be properly corrected, even if the images were captured with the lens peripheral illumination correction function set to Enable.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 fixes a phenomenon where peripheral illumination may not be properly corrected due the type of lens used and shooting conditions.
4. Fixes the algorithms of the Auto Lighting Optimizer function when Custom Function C.Fn II-3 Highlight tone priority is enabled.
5. Fixes incorrect indications on the Arabic, Romanian, Spanish, and Ukrainian menu screens.
6. Changes the battery information displayed on the camera when using the optional Battery Grip BG-E6.
*If only one LP-E6 battery pack is installed in the Battery Grip BG-E6, the battery information for the empty battery slot shows the error message, Cannot communicate with battery. However, with this firmware update, this error message no longer appears, even if only one LP-E6 battery pack is installed.
You can DL from Canon: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eos5dmk2/firmware.html