The Canon EOS R6 announcement is likely coming in the next couple of months, we figure it’ll come before Photokina which is still scheduled to start on May 27, 2020.
We have received further information about the specifications for the Canon EOS R6, and we’ll present them in bold.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications:
- 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
- 4K @ 60p
- FullHD @ 120p
- Dual card slots
- No top-down screen
- Lower resolution EVF than the EOS R5
- Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
- New battery (Not sure if it’s the same as the EOS R5)
- June 2020 launch (We think a May announcement)
For the moment, this definitely looks like a lower-end camera than the Canon EOS R5, and not some kind of high-ISO speed/sports camera.
More to come…