Adorama has announced the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII 2.4GHz Transmitter for Canon. The new transmitter is available for preorder from Adorama for $69 and will begin shipping on our around November 1, 2018.
The Flashpoint exclusive R2 Pro Mark II C wireless flash trigger is the definitive dedicated transmitter for the R2 Family of Flash – The ultimate command center for Canon EOS cameras to control Flashpoint R2 wireless system devices. The first of its kind – customdesigned and created – a dynamic, direct access, dead-on control to every aspect of the linked TTL flash. The breadth of capabilities suits the vision of every strobist on the quest for lighting excellence. Every whim and wish has a direct button ready for action, providing instant response to no less than eighteen novel and familiar R2 features. Direct! No scrolling through menu options for the right selection. Touch the icon, and the agile Pro Mark II performs. Confident handling of precise control is the perfect complement to high-performance imaging. Plus, the newly fine-tuned smartphone APP endows the savvy Apple or Android mobile photographer with pure shooting pleasure, taking R2 technology one step further.
Manage flash like never before. The proprietary Pro Mark II presents expanded precision, derived from the fabulous FP R2 Pro version. Centrally located Group buttons surround the generous Select Dial, 10 Quick-Touch dedicated function buttons, built-in Bluetooth that links to the graphical FP Smartphone APP, isolated single Group open flash test, multiple dual purpose button assignment? and the list of novelty goes on. It is the R2 device that will never stand vanquished by innovation.
Boasting sparkling innovations that make the art of photography more accessible than ever at the touch of a button, with improved 2 Way TCM – TTL to Manual settings and back again. TCM fusion overcomes the exposure fluctuations that may occur in TTL shooting by saving the proper exposure value to Manual settings for repeat capture accuracy. Enjoy exceptionally stable signal broadcast, direct info access with the brilliant backlit dot matrix LCD screen, displaying all 5 Groups simultaneously, selective transmission of values to conserve energy, and extended multiple Group triggering, the Pro Mark II transmitter provides a massive leap forward for DSLR photographers.
The on-camera transmitter gives photographers power to direct the entire R2 Family: Zoom and Streaklight speedlights, Lithium battery powered eVOLV strobes and every version of XPLOR monolights, and AC Rapid and Studio monolights. Even the remote flash coverage of Zoom speedlights can be tweaked right from the R2 Pro Mark II. Now, R2 Canon photographers can enjoy unparalleled flexibility and control over their multiflash strobist setups, right from their DSLR. More than all this, the R2 Pro Mark II C provides Second Curtain Sync, HSS, high-speed synchronization, and remote modeling light status. It can even sync with Canon original speedlites under the control of a Flashpoint R2-C receiver.
The incredible range of these compact and lightweight units as well as their integrated functions and features make them the first choice of professional photographers. The proprietary TTL enabled 2.4GHz R2 Radio Remote System radio triggers transmits atop a Canon EOS body with laser AF assist and works with the complete family of Flashpoint Speedlights, Monolights and Strobe lights with unrivaled R2 TTL radio transceiver built right in.
SIGNIFICANT NEW FEATURES
- Quick Access Group Buttons Located Around the Control Dial
- 10 Quick Access Dedicated Function Buttons
- Built-in Bluetooth for Smartphone APP Control
- R2 Smartphone Commands Any Flash Function
- Mac and PC Firmware Updatable
- Backlit Buttons for easy viewing in darkness
- Single Group Test Fire Button
- Larger Main Control Dial
- Modeling Light Power Control in 5% Increments
- Audio Function Control Via Individual Groups
- Large Text Menu Option
- High Sync Delay Setting Menu Option
- Multi-Mode Disable Menu Option
- Fast Group Management – Shortcut Turn Groups ON & OFF
- LCD Backlight Button – Shortcut Set LCD & Button Lighting
- Updated Display and Functions
- Fast Group Management
- Double Press Group Button Turns Group ON & OFF
- Long Press Group Button Turns One Group ON
- Double Press Mode Button Turns All Groups OFF, and Back ON.
- LCD Backlight Button
- Double Press Quickly Sets Light To ON and Adds LCD Icon
- Long Press Quickly Sets Button Light to ON for12 seconds and Adds LCD Icon
- Group In Memory Indicator grants Fast Access To Group Last Set
- TCM Button – Second Press Restores Groups to Original TTL Setting
- ALL Button – Adjusts Manual Groups, Only
- Modeling Light Button -Double Click to Adjust Power Levels
- Mode Button – Order Reversed To – OFF > M > TTL (Faster TCM Use)
- Updated Display Layout
Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII Features
- The most advanced wireless remote in photography
- Unifies the Flashpoint R2 / Godox X – 2.4GHz Radio System
- R2 Smartphone Commands Any Flash Function
- Transmission Range of at least 328 feet / 100m
- Speedy Group Management
- Flash Modes – ETTL / M / Multi
- TCM fusion Converts TTL to MANUAL and back again
- HSS to 1/8000th
- Second Curtain Sync
- FEC / FEB – 1/3rd Increments (±3 Stops)
- FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
- Manual Flash – 1/256 – 1/1 Output (1/3rd Increments)
- Global ALL Group Power Adjustment
- Remote Beep Control by Group
- Group TTL Mode – A / B / C / D / E in 5 Groups
- Manual Mode – A – F & 0 – 9 in 16 Groups
- 32 Channels keep the Signal Clear
- Wireless ID 01-99 for Ultimate Frequency Security
- Large Dot Matrix LCD Display with Adjustable Back Light
- Zoom features Displays One Group with All Details
- All and Individual Group Modeling Lamp Control
- Auto Memory Function
- AF Assist light (With On / Off Switch)
- Wireless Shutter Release with R2 Receivers
- Type-C USB Port for Firmware Upgrades for PC and MAC
- 2.5mm Sync Port – Input & Output
- Powered by 2 AA Batteries
You can read a more in-depth description at FlashHavoc here.