|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Another list of recycled specifications for the EOS 7D Mark III is making the rounds.
Canon EOS 7D Mark III Rumoured Specifications:
- 28mp Sensor (It was 30mp a few weeks ago) [see here]
- 4K video [see here]
- More video oriented features [see here]
- Tilt-able touchscreen (Likely a feature for pretty much every Canon DSLR going forward)
- A higher end feature set when compared to other APS-C DSLRs from Canon [see here]
- A “new generation” of APS-C sensors from Canon
- Same introductory price as the EOS 7D Mark III
I think we’ll be seeing a lot of these lists over the next couple of months, as Canon is going to be relatively quiet for the remainder of 2017. The PowerShot G1 X Mark III is coming and they have to start shipping the brand new tilt-shift lenses and the EF 85mm f/1.4L IS.
I personally don’t think Canon needs to up the resolution for the EOS 7D Mark III to make it attractive to buyers, but they could definitely improve dynamic range, image detail, autofocus performance, speed up frame rate, improve ISO performance and add the long overdue 4K video with C-Log for an APS-C camera.
I think things will start getting a little clearer as we get closer to CES in early 2018, while we don’t expect a DSLR to be announced for that show, we’ll likely see a a prosumer DSLR announcement some time in February of 2018.