|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Updated on August 28, 2014
Updates and clarifications on the specifications are in bold below.
We think we have the specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS 7D Mark II, we’re trying to authenticate things down to the CR3 level. We have been incorrect about previous features of the camera. For one, the top plate is not an “EOS-1 Style”, and the camera does not shoot 12fps. Previous sources have said the sensor does have new technology, but it is not multi-layer, which is what we originally reported. We have been thrown off by patents showing layered sensors. We can’t confirm at this time if there is indeed new technology in the sensor. Our source for this specification list just mentions the megapixel count.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS (no STM)
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- GPS is in the camera
- No WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP APS-C Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- f/8 on center point at least, could be on more points.
- ISO 100-12800, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights (e.g. fluorescent lamps).
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
- New Battery – LP-E6N
- New Battery Grip BG-E16
I stress I am trying to confirm everything above, and once I do I will update the rating on these specifications. I am 90% confident these are accurate EOS 7D Mark II specifications.