|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
1) I added the [CR5] rating.
2) I cannot reveal the stores for obvious reasons. They’d probably receive a bucketload of phone calls.
3) Some stores might get 10%, but believe me.. no one is getting any more than that.
4) Canon USA owns Canon Canada, so I can believe that they can set the allocation to whatever they want. This part is a rumor that I have no official word on.
5) There will be another shipment of cameras before Christmas. This isn’t the only allocation. However, don’t expect to see many more than the initial numbers.
6) How do I know this will ring true across the country? Canon doesn’t favor retailers anymore. Henry’s won’t be treated any better than Vistek or Billy Bob’s Camera shop. Canon has been pretty fair to retailers on allocation. Retailers get advance notice on how many cameras they’ll get if they have internet access.
Info about allocation
I’ve spoken to two retailers in Canada and both are saying they are being allocated 5% of their requested number of 5D Mark II’s.
It’s rumoured Canon USA cut back the number of cameras coming to Canon Canada.
I’ll let you know if anything changes.