40D “Mark II” Specs:
- New 12 MP gapless microlens CMOS sensor which employs the 5D markII improved output amplifier, and a more advanced color filter with superior light transmission
- Digic IV
- 100-3200 base ISO, expanded L1- 50, H1- 6400
- Liveview with new more advanced algorithm contrast based AF with tracking capabilities
- Movie mode, with the ability to use the upper mentioned contrast AF
- 5D Mark II LCD
- 5D Mark II battery system
- AF Microajustment
- Fulltime Weathersealing
- Everything else, same specs from the 40D…
Someone just wishing for stuff that doesn't exist. Or wishing the 50D was more than it is.
As for CR's 50D review, It's coming. I'm waiting on getting an 18-200 to use with it.
Looking forward to your 50D review CR. If it speeds it up, I could even do with a separate 18-200 review.
Rox, I completely agree with you on the battery issue. It’s a pain in the butt to deal with two different sets of batteries & chargers when out and about. A 40D/50D follow-on with a 5DII battery would make a nice companion to a 5DII.
Of all the stupid things I heard… the 40D Mark II already exists and it’s called 50D, I have one.
I’m still fine and dandy with my trusty 20D (new to me since early 2008) for my stock photography work. 8mp is more than enough, and I have no complaints about it at all.
Hey I just wanted to let you know, I really like the composition on your web site. But I am using Chromium on a machine running version 9.10 of Crashbang Ubuntu and the UI aren’t quite proper. Not a big deal, I can still essentially read the articles and look for for info, but just wanted to inform you about that. The navigation bar is kind of hard to use with the config I’m running. Keep up the great work!