There seems to be a lot more talk about coming Cinema EOS products, so I think we’re going to see a major camera announcement sometime in the next couple of months.
We’ve been told the following about the rumoured Canon Cinema EOS C500 Mark II.
- First the obvious, the EOS C500 Mark II will sit between the EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C700.
- The Cinema EOS C500 Mark II will be full-frame with the ability to do internal RAW recording.
- The camera will be somewhat modular, you’ll be able to build the base for your specific needs.
- You will be able to switch between PL and EF mounts yourself.
- The camera will be approved for Netflix productions
It’s rumoured that the C500 Mark II was shown to specific dealers at NAB last April and should come before the end of 2019.
The image for this post is the Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II