|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
“Production” model said to exist
Ben, a CR reader, had a chance to play around with the upcoming EF 200-400 f/4L IS 1.4tc in South Africa recently. He had a talk with a Canon product manager there about the highly anticipated lens and got to play around with the lens a bit.
- This was the first time that this specific model was on public display.
- Changes were made post Olympics-this is probably the final version.
- This one is a production model.
- Pricing: somewhere around $11000.
- Weight: No official comment from Canon. Ben thinks it feels nearly the same weight as the 600 F4 II.
- Focus speed the same as 500 II on 1DX, virtually instantaneous.
- Flip switch for converter works like a dream-instant magnification.
- One has to move L hand from front to flip switch, when hand holding the lens more difficult to flip switch than with lens on mono pod.
- Availability: next 2-3 months.
Here’s hoping this lens reaches us in Q1 of 2013.