|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Yesterday, Leica announced the Leica SL (Type 601) which looks to be a near full frame DSLR sized mirrorless camera. Most of the rumor mill was expecting something around the size of the Sony A7 series of cameras and were surprised to see that wasn’t the case, myself included. This is definitely a new take on the mirrorless concept and it will be interesting to see how the market responds and if Leica can get this camera into the hands of true professionals, something they’ve been unable to do for quite some time.
Leica SL (Type 601) Highlights:
- 24MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Internal DCI 4K Video & V-Log L Gamma
- 0.66″ 4.4MP 0.8x Electronic Viewfinder
- 2.95″ 1.04M-Dot LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- Contrast AF System with 49 Fields
- Up to 11 fps Shooting and ISO 50000
- Two SD Card Slots; 1.3″ Top LCD Screen
- Weather-Resistant Milled Aluminum Body
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity and GPS
PhotographyBLOG has posted a series of comparison shots of the Leica SL and EOS 5DS R. You can view the rest of the comparison images here.