A spec list we were given has the upper end Rebel split into two different cameras, a 750D and a 760D. The North American naming was not given for the cameras. We expect an announcement for a new Rebel(s) to come in the next few weeks.
The biggest thing I notice in this specification list is the 24.2mp image sensor. It has been assumed by most that any new Rebel would have the 20.2mp sensor from the EOS 70D.
Canon Rebel 750D/760D Specifications
- Full HD movies, MP4 format, HDR movie, automatic shooting modes (EOS 750D )
- 24.2MP sensor and Canon’s DIGIC 6 image processor
- ISO 100-12,800 range
- Flicker Detection technology
- Five frames per second continuous shooting mode
- 19 cross-type AF point system
- Hybrid CMOS AF III
- Rear Quick Control Dial (EOS 760D )
- Creative movie modes (EOS 760D )
- Wi-Fi and NFC
This information comes from an unknown source and I'm hoping for some clarification on the model split if it is indeed true. There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between the 2 models. Please notice the [CR1] rating on this post, and treat it accordingly.