It looks like these are the confirmed specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS RP, which is pretty close to the previous specification list that we posted. See the end of the article for some insight into that.
Canon EOS RP Additional Features: (Updated February 13, 2019)
- 35mm full frame CMOS sensor with about 26.2 million effective pixels
- The latest video engine “DIGIC 8”
- Optimized “dual pixel CMOS AF” and drive control of RF lens realizes fastest AF of 0.05 seconds at the fastest
- When fitted with lenses, it corresponds to the distance measuring area in the range of about 100% (vertical) × about 88% (horizontal) of the imaging surface
- When AF area is arbitrarily selected, you can select the part you want to focus on from the maximum 4779 positions
- Detect pupil of subject and focus on “pupil AF” also function when servo AF and moving servo AF
- EV-5 achieved at the central focus detection point
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to approximately 5.0fps and servo AF at a maximum of approximately 4.0fps
- Usual ISO sensitivity of 100 to 40000 realized
- Vari angleVari-angleor also supports touch operation
- Equipped with organic EL panel EVF of about 2.36 million dots
- “Dual sensing IS” adopted
- “Focus bracket” function which can generate an image that is in focus in a wide range from multiple photographed images
- Movie shooting in 4K (24p / 25p) is possible
- 5-axis electronic image stabilization function installed (when movie is shot). Combination IS can be used when mounting a compatible lens.
- Size: Approximately 132.5 (width) x 85.0 (height) x 70.0 (depth) mm
- Weight: 485 g (based on CIPA guidelines)
- Kit (domestic): “Body” “Mount adapter kit” “RF35 MACRO IS STM lens kit” “RF35 MACRO IS STM mount adapter kit” “Mounting adapter SP kit gold” “RF35 MACRO IS STM mount adapter SP kit gold”
- Extension grip “EG-E1” (black · blue · red)
Canon EOS RP Specifications
- 26.2 Million Pixels Full Frame Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- DIGIC 8
- 4K Video
- Continuous shooting performance: 5 frames / sec
- ISO sensitivity: 100 to 40000 (equivalent to extended ISO: 50, 51200, 102400)
- OLED EVF
- 3.0 type touch panel variable angle liquid crystal
- Dual Sensing IS
- DLO in camera, RAW development in camera, C-RAW compatible
- Size: 132.5 x 85.0 x 70.0 mm
- Weight: Approximately 440g (body only), about 485g (including batteries)
- Kit lens: RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
We're wondering aloud where the “all new 24mp full frame sensor” information came from in our previous specifications list, as everything else appears correct, other than the video specifications, which do not appear above.
One thought is that there was a mixup with the EOS RP specifications and an upcoming EOS M and/or APS-C camera. Though we cannot confirm that either.
More to come…
Pls do! and be happy with sony! You're never happy with anything about Canon
you could put up and shut up, and just buy a Sony
Like the 6dMKII? That'd do me just fine. The 6D MKII is a superb camera; I get great results with mine with virtually no noise on A3 prints at up to iso 25600. Would I switch to Sony - no, I'm sure they make fine cameras but not for me. Specs aren't everything ...
What are you currently using?
Well this was discussed to death already.....
Agreed, if the image resembles the final product it looks like it needs to be stretched upwards. It's obviously not got a built in flash, and it's doubtful if it has enough height to include a built in EVF and a 3.2 inch rear LCD like the original EOS R.
It also seems that all their cameras will have EOS R written on the front and a small text elsewhere for different models.
The Canon Rumors post only states it looks like these are the confirmed specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS RP, so I assume the posted image isn't 100% guaranteed to be the final product either. If everything stated is correct however it does back up my suspicion regarding the lack of space on it's rear for a EVF and 3.2 inch LCD (3.0 inch is stated)